Drones (Unmanned Aircraft Vehicles) for Maritime Operation - Thematic Research
This report focuses on drones for maritime operations, which they will be force multiplier in future maritime operations. Drones for maritime operations thematic research offers a detailed analysis of drones being developed and used by navies and other maritime organizations. The research includes insightful industry analysis of the drones and key use cases highlighting how Navies worldwide have started working on developing and implementing the technology.
In the last 20 years, unmanned aircraft vehicles (UAVs), commonly called drones, have been adopted rapidly in many sectors, both in the civil and defense fields. They have become a force multiplier used in many naval operations, especially intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR), with their low operating cost, versatile and long-term endurance, and being able to be used safely in dangerous areas. Countries across the globe are therefore investing in the procurement, research, and development of UAVs.
Drones have the potential to be used as force multipliers in many areas of maritime operations, with their modular structures and their ability to carry many different payloads.
- Navies and companies, cooperating with universities and research and development centers, have been developing and experimenting with various UAVs for many years and have transitioned some of these efforts into procurement/manufacture programs. There are still many UAV programs under development and at the technology demonstration level.
- A key driver for the development of drones is to move people away from contested and dangerous environments to avoid casualties, and to extend ISR capabilities.
- The majority of today's UAVs are designed for ISR, search and rescue and constabulary missions. Advanced navies seek to enhance their utilization of UAVs in logistic transport and other naval operations such as anti-submarine warfare (ASW), anti-surface warfare (ASUW), mine counter measure (MCM) and electronic warfare (EW). Future UAVs will be quite stealthier, faster, highly advanced equipped for more autonomous, more lethal, and would be able to deploy a large set of mini-UAVs in swarm groups.
Reasons to Buy
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape.
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most exciting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats. Compared to all our rival thematic research houses, our unique differentiator is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting leaders and challengers.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the underlying factors driving demand for UAVs in the top spending countries across the world and identify the opportunities offered by each of them
- Strengthen your understanding of the market in terms of demand drivers, industry trends, and the latest technological developments, among others.
Table of Contents
Our thematic research methodology
List of Tables
Defense and technology trends
Global UAV development
Mergers and acquisitions
List of Figures
Who are the leading players in drones, and where do they sit in the value chain?
UAV maritime applications
The global military UAV market
Global military UAV market shares
Global UAV for maritime
The drones value chain
Drones value chain: component layer: Hardware layer
Drones value chain: component layer: Software layer
Drones value chain: component layer: Services segment
Defense sector scorecard
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 25% Discount. Coupon Code: OCT25