Lebanon Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2025
GlobalDatas Lebanon Cards and Payments - Opportunities and Risks to 2025' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Lebanese cards and payments industry. It provides values and volumes for a number of key performance indicators in the industry, including cards, cheques, and direct debits during the review-period (2017-21e).
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, transaction values and volumes during the review-period and over the forecast-period (2021e-25f). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together GlobalDatas research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers detailed regulatory policies and recent changes in regulatory structure.
This report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Lebanese cards and payments industry, including -
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Lebanese cards and payments industry, including debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Detailed insights into payment instruments including cards, cheques, and direct debits . It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- Ecommerce market analysis.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Lebanese cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit, credit, and charge cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape of the Lebanese cards and payments industry.
- Payment companies are introducing new payment models such as buy now pay later in Lebanon. ZoodPay is a buy now pay later solution, enabling users to pay either within 14 days of delivery or in four interest-free installments. For online purchases, users need to choose ZoodPay during the checkout process, provide their debit or credit card details, and confirm the transaction. For payments at merchant stores, users need to scan the QR code via the ZoodMall app and confirm the transaction. In March 2021 it also launched a cross-border payment service, allowing users to make purchases in installments on partner foreign ecommerce websites.
- Despite a reduction in overall card spending, contactless technology is gaining prominence among Lebanese consumers. All major banks now offer contactless cards. In the wake of COVID-19, the preference for contactless payments is gaining traction as wary consumers view contactless cards as an effective payment tool for avoiding potential disease vectors. Banks are also offering biometric features on payment cards to provide a more secure and convenient payment experience. Fransabank offers biometric credit cards, enabling card holders to authenticate in-store payments using their fingerprint.
- To capitalize on the growing ecommerce market, brands are launching online stores in the country. In December 2020, fashion brand Azzi & Osta launched its online store in Lebanon. Meanwhile, in July 2020, Instagram launched its shopping tags feature in the country. This enables Lebanese merchants to sell products on Instagram by tagging their posts with website links for their products.
Reasons to Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Lebanese cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Lebanese cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Lebanese cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Lebanon.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Lebanese cards and payments industry.
Table of Contents
Card based Payments
Payment Infrastructure and Regulation
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
Lebanon Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023
GlobalDatas 'Lebanon Cards & Payments: Opportunities and Risks to 2023' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in Lebanon's cards and payments in...
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 25% Discount. Coupon Code: SEP25