Digital Banking Transformation - Thematic Research
Digital banking comprises a vast ecosystem of provider types and business models. This report looks specifically at whether incumbent banks can digitize at sufficient pace and scale to protect existing customer numbers and revenue pools.
At the height of the pandemic, consumer behavior began to outpace the channel capabilities of slow-moving incumbent banks, reinvigorating providers around digital transformation. However, there are clear tensions between tactical time-to-market priorities and the longer-term tech changes required to emancipate providers from legacy. Institutions that focus on knowing their customer - not just from a regulatory perspective, but in terms of financial impact, behaviors, and prospects - will be best placed to succeed under conditions of expedited change. This will require the operational agility to recalibrate customer personas, risk models, and channel propositions.
- Banks channel migration efforts have not met expectations. Many commentators expected mobile to quickly displace all other channels, with attendant risks that consumer behavior could outpace banks channel capabilities. But this situation has not transpired.
- Banks that view digital transformation as building new capabilities - around cloud, API, big data, etc. - tend to score better in terms of customer satisfaction, cost reduction, and operational agility than those that have merely digitized existing analog processes.
- Leading institutions have prioritized core decision-making processes. Credit-related activities typically cut across front-office, risk management, and back-office procedures; integrating these actions into one straight-through process offers the biggest efficiency gains.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand key technology, macroeconomic and political, and regulatory trends characterizing digital transformation efforts at incumbent banks.
- Access the latest consumer survey data on evolving channel behaviors, provider preferences, and product holdings.
- Identify leading digital transformation efforts based on cost/income and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Access firm-level/case study insight on successful digital transformation efforts by incumbents.
Table of Contents
Macroeconomic and political trends
Mergers and acquisitions
Core banking/legacy systems (transaction processing)
Digital banking platforms (front-end channels)
API management/strategy (middleware)
Money management/data infrastructure
Niche fintech partners
Banking sector scorecard
Our Thematic Research methodology
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 25% Discount. Coupon Code: JAN25