Online food delivery refers to the process of ordering food from a website, a mobile application, or other devices. FMCG companies, retailers, and foodservice outlets have been using online food delivery to offer consumers convenience, and easy availability to their products, and to help them save time and effort. During the coronavirus lockdown, restaurants have used online services to help consumers enjoy food at home, food which they would normally buy while visiting an outlet.
Online ordering is starting to become the norm worldwide, due to its time-saving capability, convenience, accuracy, and efficient payment methods. The increasing trend of leading hectic lifestyles will decrease the time spent cooking at home or visiting restaurants and will intensify the need for online food delivery services in the future.
This thematic research report takes an in-depth look at online food delivery in the FMCG, foodservice, and retail space, and it presents related tech, consumer, macroeconomic, and regulatory trends. An industry analysis is also present, highlighting the market size and growth of online food delivery worldwide, impact of Covid-19, key use cases, and the mergers and acquisitions for this theme. The report also includes an explanation of the consumer drivers behind this theme, and it covers sub-themes associated with online food delivery, such as busy lifestyles, non-traditional meal times, and social distancing measures. Lastly, a companys section is then set, outlining the companies highly involved in the online food delivery theme and the nature of their business.
- Technology is the key to a successful online food delivery service and is needed during the various stages of the order and delivery process. For example, for foodservice operators, for receiving orders, a system that streamlines orders right into the POS system for restaurant might be needed.
- When offering online food delivery services, restaurants, retailers, and delivery companies must comply with local and national food regulations and laws, to protect their employees and their customers health.
- Online food delivery can offer time-poor, busy consumers the convenience and efficiency they need by providing them with the ability to quickly choose meals or groceries without the need for physical store or restaurant visits.
- Subscriptions and contact-free delivery on small and large grocery and meal purchases make it easier for isolated customers to buy exactly what they want during the global pandemic. Shopping online allows consumers to plan what they are going to buy, and it enables them to research specific products easily and quickly.
Reasons to Buy
- Understand the impact of the online food delivery theme on various industries, including FMCG, foodservice, and retail, using key trends and examples to help companies understand how they can adapt and understand this theme.
- Understand consumers behavior and trends that are behind their choice of using online food delivery services, and rethink the business strategies accordingly.
- GlobalDatas thematic research ecosystem is a single, integrated global research platform that provides an easy-to-use framework for tracking all themes across all companies in all sectors. It has a proven track record of identifying the important themes early, enabling companies to make the right investments ahead of the competition, and secure that all-important competitive advantage.
Table of Contents
Market size and growth forecasts
Impact of online food delivery on FMCG, retail, and foodservice
The impact of COVID-19
Mergers and acquisitions
Brand and product attributes
Foodservice sector scorecard
Our thematic research methodology
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 25% Discount. Coupon Code: JAN25