Misinformation - A Thematic Research analysing Regulatory Challenges faced by Online Platforms with regards to Misinformation spread
Misinformation is not a new phenomenon, but the technology behind it is certainly unprecedented. Big data and artificial intelligence (AI) provide the foundation for digital ecosystems to pursue personalization at scale. With their sophisticated algorithms and huge data troves, social media platforms can tailor content to reach those most likely to be influenced. The ad-targeting business model prioritizes profit over quality of content and respect for the users privacy.
Increasingly, society is blaming Big Tech companies for allowing the proliferation of false narratives spread by humans and bots on the web. They stand accused of distorting the information we consume in ways that are bad for us both individually and collectively. Four years after Russias alleged interference in the 2016 US presidential election, fake news is still a major concern, and social media companies have failed in their attempts to banish it.
- This report looks at how misinformation is impacting the tech, media, and telecom (TMT) industry globally.
- It identifies the companies that will be impacted by misinformation regulation, as well as the main trends shaping the misinformation theme.
- It includes details of regulatory approaches to misinformation by country and a timeline, showing the major milestones in this theme.
Reasons to Buy
- Regulators and policy-makers disagree on how to tackle misinformation, but there has never been a broader consensus that something must be done.
- The US elections and the COVID-19 pandemic have given this issue more urgency and pushed online platforms to self-regulate in a way that has never seen before, particularly around political advertising. We do not believe that these attempts will appease regulators and expect Big Tech to be increasingly held responsible for what they publish. In this report, we identify the likely winners and losers from regulatory action on misinformation.
Table of Contents
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 20% Discount. Coupon Code: DEC20