Impact of India on Aerospace and Defense - Thematic Research
The impact of India is one of the emergent dominant trends in contemporary geopolitics
The impact of India refers to the role of India as a major defense consumer and one of the worlds leading importers of defense products. This includes numerous attempts at incorporating and developing domestic production and/or assembly.
The Modi government has prioritized the development of a robust domestic defense manufacturing base to curtail imports of expensive defense equipment. The government has changed procurement and FDI regulations to promote a greater level of private sector participation in the countrys defense sector and enhance the overall competitiveness of the Indian defense sector by promoting partnerships and attracting FDI in defense. Against this backdrop, the Indian MoD is anticipated to consistently increase its defense expenditure from $66.9bn in 2020 to $74.2bn in 2021. Over the period to 2030 period, Indian defense expenditure is expected to reflect a CAGR of 12.91% and increase from $74.2bn in 2021 to $120.6bn in 2025. Historic data shows that India invested a cumulative total of $302.2bn in the defense sector during 2016-2020, which is expected to increase to $482.1bn over 2021-2025. Increased tensions with China as well as Pakistan will drive this further, as will the need to replace legacy platforms.
- Demand in Indian aerospace and Defense will be driven by a number of geopolitcal factors such as Chinese and Pakistani development, as well as internal political incentives.
- This report looks at key products in Indian defense
- This report is part of our ecosystem of thematic investment research reports, supported by our thematic engine.
Reasons to Buy
- Our thematic investment research product, supported by our thematic engine, is aimed at senior (C-Suite) executives in the corporate world as well as institutional investors.
- Corporations: Helps CEOs in all industries understand the disruptive threats to their competitive landscape
- Investors: Helps fund managers focus their time on the most interesting investment opportunities in global Aerospace & Defense.
- Whilst most investment research is underpinned by backwards looking company valuation models, GlobalDatas thematic methodology identifies which companies are best placed to succeed in a future filled with multiple disruptive threats.
- Our unique differentiator, compared to all our rival thematic research houses, is that our thematic engine has a proven track record of predicting winners and losers.
Table of Contents
Mergers and acquisitions
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 25% Discount. Coupon Code: JAN25