COVID-19 The Road to Economic Recovery - Thematic Research
The COVID 19 Economic Recovery report is designed to provide clients with up-to-date insights on the performance of major economies. Central to the report is GlobalDatas proprietary economic recovery scorecard, which ranks the top 35 countries performance on the 10 most important economic indicators. The report also provides monthly updates on high frequency macroeconomic indicators such as GDP, inflation, business confidence, consumer confidence, industrial production, and equity markets. It also provides in-depth analysis of the economic performance of the worlds largest economies. The report can be used as a strategic tool to understand market dynamics, business potential and direction of operations in the economy.
- According to Johns Hopkins University data, by 11 November 2020, COVID-19 had infected more than 50 million people and claimed more than 1,250,000 lives. The pandemic forced governments to impose rigid lockdowns that essentially shut down the worldwide economy for many months. With the exception of India and China, all major economies are expected to shrink this year. Unemployment levels have increased at jaw-dropping rates.
- The COVID-19 recession has not been caused by a demand shock, rather, it is a policy-driven supply shock designed to save peoples lives. Consequently, the strategies - of governments and companies - that will be used in the economic recovery could be different from previous recessions.
- Despite the substantial uncertainty regarding the economic downturn, this could well be the first recovery with a focus on sustainability. The human cost of COVID-19 extends beyond infection and into the broader economy. Companies that ignore social, environmental and governance issues could face significant customer backlash. Governments are already showing signs that sustainability - particularly green energy - will feature strongly in stimulus programs.
- The way we live our lives has been changed permanently. However, the extent to which human life will change will be affected by two competing factors: the longevity of COVID-19s presence and the speed with which a vaccine is developed. Most enterprises successfully transitioned to work from home; few will revert back to pre-COVID-19 practices.
Reasons to Buy
- Up-to-date insights on the performance of major economies.
- GlobalDatas proprietary economic recovery scorecard, which ranks the top 35 countries performance on the 10 most important economic indicators.
- Updates on high frequency macroeconomic indicators such as GDP, inflation, business confidence, consumer confidence, industrial production, and equity markets.
- In-depth analysis of the economic performance of the worlds largest economies.
- Can be used as a strategic tool to understand market dynamics, business potential and direction of operations in the economy.
Table of Contents
Economic recovery scorecard
COVID-19 infection update
GDP and inflation
Write comment about above report:
Published By: GlobalData
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 20% Discount. Coupon Code: DEC20