All biotech companies - Gilead (GILD), Amgen (AMGN), Biogen Idec (BIIB) and Celgene (CELG), in past year, have given a positive return and hence increased the interest of biotech investors. These companies have been able to select therapy/niche indication where the high treatment cost justifies the need. While large pharma companies are active in M&A deals, the Mature biotech companies are sticking to its core expertise and venturing into unexplored/new therapy; e.g., GILD in anti-cancer and BIIB for hemophilia. Alike small molecule generics, biosimilar will also get easier and getting similar pace of recognition in coming years; where AMGN, BIIB already started investing in this space and can emerge as a big player in coming years.
REGN, ALXN, and VRTX have transformed into a large-cap mature biotech companies. Whether these three will be acquired or will remain independent and evolve in next giant is still a question, but both the cases present a good investment opportunity for those who willing to hold them for next five years.
GILD has announced the dividend payment and now all eyes will be on CELG and BIIB
In-depth Company Analysis and Reports on 1. Acorda Therapeutics - Neurological Pipeline Getting Bigger Key Pipeline Drugs a. CVT -301 (PhIII, OFF episodes of Parkinson's disease) b. Dalfampridine (PhIII, post-stroke walking deficits) c. rHIgM22 (Remyelinating mAb, PhI) d. Glial Growth Factor 2 (neuregulin, PhI, GGF2) Other Programs in the Pipeline - Future Uncertain
2. Alexion Pharma - Pipeline Maturity will witness a Strong 2015 for ALXN Asfotase alfa (hypophosphatasia, HPP, R) on Track Soliris in PNH and aHUS: Growth to Continue SOLIRIS BEYOND PNH AND aHUS Beyond Soliris Other PhII Programs Messenger RNA Therapeutics platform from Moderna
3. Amgen - Focus On New Biologics For Larger Market And Exploiting Biologics' Manufacturing Experience For Biosimilars Gain Newly Marketed Product: Future Growth a. Kyprolis b. BLINCYTO Key Pipeline Products and Development a. Evolocumab (R, PCSK9 Inhibitor, CVD, SC) b. Ivabradine (R, Chronic Heart Failure): c. Talimogene laherparepvec d. Brodalumab (PhIII, moderate-to-severe plaque psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis, PhII, Asthma) e. Omecamtiv mecarbil (PhIIb, Heartfailure, licensed from Cytokinetics) f. Romosozumab (PhIII, co-developed with UCB, Postmenopausal Osteoporosis, PMO) g. AMG 334 (PhIIb, CGRP receptor mAb) h. Trebananib (PhIII, Ovarian Cancer): i. AMG 416 (PhIII, secondary hyperparathyroidism in pt with CKD, velcalcetide) Failed in Clinical studies Biosimilars in Development AMGN's Commercial Strategy
4. Biogen Idec - Growth from Newly Launched Products + Clinical Milestones of Novel Pipeline Near-Term Key Pipeline Candidates to Watch Hemophilia Franchise Offers Long-Term Opportunity Anti-CD20 franchise Continues to Grow through Label Expansion of Gazyva Neurology: Leadership In Ms And Portfolio Expansion
5. Celgene - Innovative Strategies for Long Term Gains Development In Multiple Myeloma Franchise: Strengthening Pipeline Other Oncology Drugs Inflammation - Pipeline to start contributing to sales by 2015 Other Products in Early stage for Long Term Growth
6. Gilead Sciences - Poised to Emerge as a Leader in HCV Treatment Sovaldi has made the way, Harvoni to take Lead Pipeline: Anti-viral Franchise ? HCV Antiviral Franchise ? HIV Cardiovascular Program Beyond Anti-Virals- Oncology Acquisitions In Last Two Years
7. Regeneron - Late-Stage Pipeline Potential - Accelerator for Further Growth Label expansion of E ylea in DME, BRVO, and Myopic CNV indication Late-Stage Pipeline REGN-Sanofi Collaboration
8. Vertex Pharma - From Large Volume Market to Niche Indications - Transformation has Paid Cystic Fibrosis: Success in G551D mutation to Repeat in Larger Population of del508 Mutation Small But Meaningful Addition in Other Mutations for KALYDECO monotherapy Cf Background Beyond CF Not a Priority
List of Tables
Amgen : Table 1 : Competitive Landscape: Anti-Pcsk9 Mab - Alirocumab Vs. Evlocumab Biogen Idec : Annexure 1 : Multiple Sclerosis - Injectable Drugs Data Comparison Celgene : Table 1: Hematological Malignancies - Multiple Myeloma (MM) Data Comparison - Newly Diagnosed Multiple Myeloma (Ndmm) Table 2 : Hematological Malignancies - Multiple Myeloma (MM) Data Comparison - Relapsed / Refractory Multiple Myeloma (RRMM) Gilead : Table 1 : Development Pipeline Key Pipeline Product : Table 2: Key Pipeline Products: Ifn-Free Combination Regeneron : Tale 1: Branch Retinal Vein Occlusion (Brvo): Clinical Data Analysis Table 2A: Clinical Data: Anti-Pcsk9 Mab, Alirocumab At American Heart Association 2014 Table 2B: Competitive Landscape: Anti-Pcsk9 Mab - Alirocumab Vs. Evolocumab Vertex : Table 1: Phiib Data Of Ivacaftor In Residual Cftr Function Table 2 : Phiib Data Of Ivacaftor In Residual Cftr Function Table 3: Phiii Primary Efficacy Data From Ivacaftor/ Lumacaftor Combination Table 4 :Phiii Secondary Efficacy Data From Ivacaftor/ Lumacaftor Combination Table 5 : Phiii Pooled Primary Efficacy Data From Ivacaftor/ Lumacaftor Combination Table 6: Phiii Pooled Secondary Efficacy Data From Ivacaftor/ Lumacaftor Combination
List of Figures
Gilead Sciences: Figure 1: Macrogenics: Dart Technology Regeneron : Figure 1 : SAR236553/REGN727: Phase III Clinical Program Vertex: Figure 1 : Mutations And Drugs Target
Write comment about above report:
Published By: MP Advisors
Did you find what you are/were looking for
If not, read below and browse through other relevant pages for similar market research
reports OR get in touch with us through the form/contact info in your right navigation
panel and well share relevant market report titles for you to explore.
We are on:
500,000 market research reports and growing.
Top Fortune 500 Organizations trust us for research data.
24/7 support on call as well as emails.
Your Details are safe with us.
Free support for your research requirements.
Report Delivery: Email
Upto 24 hrs - working days
Upto 48 hrs max - weekends and public holidays
Buy Any Report Avail 20% Discount. Coupon Code: DEC20
Connect for special KNOWLEDGE STORE Deals Subscription starts at $ 20K