Verdict Research: In an intensely competitive retail market, keeping customers satisfied has never been more important. Retailers need to understand how they satisfy their shoppers in order to enhance their appeal and increase customer loyalty. Moreover, an insight into what drives customer satisfaction at competitors is essential in order to win customers from them.
Features and benefits
- Consumer satisfaction scores for top music & video retailers in areas like range, convenience, price, quality, service, ambience, layout & facilities
- Winners and losers year-on-year in rankings against competitors and overall CSI scores
- Consumer satisfaction scores in music & video compared to overall retail satisfaction scores
- Historic data, so trends can be analysed over a five year period
For the sixth consecutive year, Amazon has been voted the UK's favourite retailer for music and video with an overall score of 177, four points up on last year. This exceptional performance is more impressive considering that it has finished first without coming top in any of the individual sub-categories used in the survey in the last four years.
After its overall score fell by four points to 167, Play.com has dropped from second to third position. This marks the first time in the last four years that Play.com has not come second in music and video. A nine point decline in its convenience score was a significant factor behind this, falling from third to fifth position.
HMV continues to lead for range after increasing its score by four points on 2010 - driven by its large store network and the launch of its new standalone digital download site, HMVDigital.com. While it has offered digital downloads before, having a standalone site is likely to increase its destination status and increase awareness of its offer.
Your key questions answered
- The results of the CSI are based solely on consumer research of over 6,000 respondents designed to be representative of all adults in Great Britain
- Use this report to understand which retailer is succeeding in satisfying its customers and in what areas
- Channel investment for maximum return by knowing which aspects of your retail proposition most need improving in the opinion of your customers