This report forms a part of the Datamonitor's newly introduced product series titled "Market Insights". It aims to provide both quantitative and qualitative analysis to clients on the market data and trends across various industry sectors.
Examines developments in the Indian confectionery market
Provides latest retail data at a category level along with 5 year forecasts, highlighting specific growth areas
Examines new product launches in the Indian confectionery market, by key categories
Identifies the leading players in the market, providing details on brand portfolio and new product launches
- The confectionery market in India was estimated to be worth $1.27bn in 2009, growing at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 10.5% during 2004-09. The market is expected to grow to a value of $2.28bn by 2014 and is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 12.4% during 2009-14e.
- Increasing health consciousness, a fast evolving indulgence seeking attitude of the Indian consumers along with snacking/eating on-the-go are a few of the key trends shaping the Indian confectionery market.
- In 2010, new product launches were dominated by sugar confectionery and chocolate category which together accounted for around 80% of the launches.
Reasons to Purchase
- Market understanding: develop a detailed understanding of the confectionery market and identify the key growth categories within it
- Consumer trends and behavior: find out the latest consumer trends driving the category alongside accessing the consumption and usage data
- Competitive landscape: obtain information on the key players operating in the market and understand their key strengths in various categories