Smart metering is arguably the most important development in the energy and utilities sector today. Utilities will be replacing their existing "Dumb" meters with "Smart" meters over the next decade. This technology allows consumers to reduce energy consumption, for countries to integrate alternative technologies into their energy systems, and to make energy grids more robust and cost-effective.
- Forecasts of Smart metering uptake based on a model which looks at new build replacement, end of life replacement, and roll-out replacement of meters
- Insight into the current state of play and the activities of the players in each of the geographies studied
- Powerful learnings extracted from the experiences of the leaders in implementation - namely Italy, Ontario, Victoria (Australia) and the Netherlands
- Insights into key issues that need to be taken up in future roll-out programmes
The market for meters and communications equipment alone is worth between EUR15 and EUR26 billion.
The scale of the metering opportunity is circa 200 million meters across western Europe, spanning electricity and gas
There are 9 key issues which flow out of the review of experience and are vital in the quest for benefit maximisation and cost effectiveness
Reasons to Purchase
- Challenge existing plans and programmes to raise benefits and reduce costs
- Understand the market potential by geography to maximise your return on sales and marketing investment
- Be ahead of the market evolution that will come as a consequence of Smart metering to position your organisation as a leader in the transition