Future Flavor Trends in Soft Drinks
New opportunities for natural, healthy, and exotic flavors
Flavors from natural ingredients and flavors that provide functional benefits are the two key areas of soft drinks flavor development. New and emerging flavors, as well as the discovery of new benefits from current flavors, are driving sensory innovation and new opportunities in the positioning and promotion of standard or traditional beverages.
Future Flavor Trends in Soft Drinks is a new management report published by Business Insights that provides a comprehensive review of current, new and emerging flavors in the soft drinks sector. This report presents and evaluates the role of flavor and drinks manufacturers in flavor innovation and key flavor trends, and analyzes fast growth flavors in key categories in terms of product launches.
Discover the areas of opportunity in soft drinks flavors and understand how these opportunities fit into larger soft drinks industry trends with this new report...
Key issues examined by this report
- The importance of natural. Loyal users of ‘natural’ products are increasing in both Europe and the US, and this trend is predicted to continue. A substantial number of soft drinks now clearly promote their naturalness by stating something about ‘natural colors and flavors’ on the labelling.
- Health concerns. Drinks have been in the spotlight over the last five years because of the growing strength of evidence of the links between the ingredients in some drinks (such as sugars and acids) and prevalent chronic diseases (such as obesity, diabetes and dental decay). Industry reaction to growing concern over these negative health issues has led to changes in formulations and therefore changes to drink flavors.
- Increased interest in exotic food and drink. Many consumers are becoming more experimental and open to new flavors when choosing and consuming food and drink. The growing popularity of tropical fruits in non-tropical countries and/or regions is an important trend affecting drinks flavors.
- This new report will enable you to
- Quantify and target future growth areas in soft drinks flavors using this report’s global market and statistical data from 2000-2011 and analysis of sales of soft drinks by category in Europe and the US, gym membership and number of tourists visiting key regions.
- Improve the targeting and effectiveness of your NPD strategies with this report’s analysis of top and fast growth flavors in the soft drinks sectors, using ‘Product Launch Analytics’ data of over 54,000 products launched globally between 2005 and 2008.
- Implement the best-practice strategies of leading innovators in the soft drinks flavors market using this report’s analysis of flavor companies including Givaudan, WILD and Symrise.
- Benchmark the opinions of senior industry executives on the soft drinks flavors market over the next five years through an exclusive survey of industry executives carried out by Business Insights.