Switching to Natural Food and Drinks Ingredients
Emerging opportunities in wellbeing, functional and specialty ingredients
Natural products are gaining popularity as consumers increasingly avoid artificial additives. Driven by reports about adverse effects of synthetic ingredients such as increasing incidence of allergies or behavioral changes in children, consumers are switching to natural ingredients. At the same time awareness about the functional benefits of natural ingredients is increasing. As a consequence, ingredient manufacturers are increasingly looking to provide natural ingredients as well as natural flavors and colorings to the industry, while end product manufacturers seek to replace artificial additives with natural alternatives. Switching to Natural Ingredients is a new ingredients report published by Business Insights that provides insight into the top flavors and ingredients and trends for the near future. This report also presents and evaluates key players in the area of natural ingredients and their innovation strategies. Discover the areas of opportunity in natural ingredients and understand how these opportunities fit into larger ingredients industry trends with this new report...
Key issues examined by this report...
- Health benefits. Many natural ingredients have inherent health benefits that are still not fully elucidated by science. This provides opportunities for building consumer confidence, and for proprietary health claims.
- Exotic flavors. Established fruity sweet flavors are declining while exotic flavors and specialty flavors such as Goji are gaining share in use in natural food and drinks. This reflects another current consumer trend for new and exotic flavors.
- Allergen and intolerance markets are growing with a CAGR of 10.5% from 2001 through 2006, which reflects increasing concern about allergy among consumers. This is among the main drivers towards natural food and drinks.
- Healthy Indulgence. A number of natural ingredients such as exotic spices constitute an ideal fusion between indulgence and health and appeal to consumers on two levels.
This new report will enable you to
- Quantify and target future growth areas in natural ingredients based on this report’s global market and statistical data from 2001-11. Including analysis of sales of natural ingredients by category, industry, region, flavor and ingredient in Europe and the US.
- Improve the targeting and effectiveness of your NPD strategy with this report’s analysis of top and fast growth flavors in the natural ingredients market, using data of over 54,000 products launched globally between 2006 and 2009.
- Implement the best-practice strategies of leading innovators in the natural ingredients market using this report’s analysis of key players including Wild, Chr Hansen, Frutarom, Treatt, Vitiva, Coca-Cola, Cadbury Schweppes, Danone and Kellogg.
- Identify the drivers and key issues effecting the natural ingredients market. Including changing regulation in the EU and US and gain insight into how this will impact product formulation and marketing in 2009 and beyond.