Emerging Enterprise Applications Vendors
Target markets, growth strategies and SWOT analyses
Technological advances in enterprise applications are changing vendor business models and driving merger and acquisition activity in the space. In particular, the shift from a capital intensive on-premise to an ondemand (internet/cloud computing) structure is creating competitive challenges for existing players as non-traditional enterprise apps vendors such as Google and Yahoo! enter the market and several smaller vendors seek to stake a claim. Similarly, the development of Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is creating opportunities for several emerging players.
‘Emerging Enterprise Applications Vendors: Target markets, growth strategies and SWOT analyses’ is a report that analyses the changing market dynamics of the enterprise applications market and the role emergent players will have in its ongoing development. It assesses the positioning, strengths and weaknesses and growth strategies of the strongest emerging players and provides a detailed overview of more than 10 smaller vendors. The report looks at how emerging players will change the competitive landscape of the enterprise applications market and where the focus of emergent vendor activity will be strongest.
The enterprise applications market is undergoing radical change due to technological advancement in the industry. This has resulted in a shift in the delivery models of applications from on-premise to on-demand (internet/cloud computing) structures.
The acquisition of emerging vendors is expected to increase as established players look to enhance their presence in the cloud computing space, create bases in domains other than the matured ERP, plug gaps in their product portfolio and acquire products with new functionalities.
The competitive landscape is set to alter with internet players such as Google, Yahoo and Amazon, in addition to hardware vendors such as Sun Microsystems, making moves to enter the internet based enterprise applications space.
Platform-as-a-service (PaaS) is a new dimension to the on-demand business model that enables the delivery of operating systems and delivery services over the internet without the inconvenience of downloads or installations.
Use this report to...
- Compare the performance of emerging applications vendors across key business segments with this report’s analysis of ABAS, BravoSolution, Consona, eGain, HighJump, Jeeves Information Systems, nGenera, Solarsoft and SugarCRM.
- Identify and target future growth areas from this report’s analysis of acquisitions and divestments made by enterprise applications vendors and their growth strategies.
- Evaluate the future prospects of emerging applications vendors with the examination of growth strategies and SWOT analyses provided for each company listed in this report.
- Understand the market dynamics shaping the global enterprise applications industry such as intensifying competition and price sensitivity in the SMB market.
Explore issues including...
Emerging business models: With a radical change in software delivery models, emerging players have a key opportunity to challenge the status quo of established players and drive sales growth.
Economic slowdown: Tightening budgets and uncertainty over future growth prospects is driving customers towards SaaS applications as they seek cost savings, and easier implementation.
Security: The transition to internet-based models will create a new range of security challenges, and the need for strong customer communication/education strategies..
- What technological developments are driving a paradigm shift in the enterprise applications market?
- Who are the emerging enterprise applications vendors?
- What are the strengths and weaknesses of these emerging vendors?
- The future impact of emerging players on current business models and M&A activity in enterprise applications.
- How will the presence of these emerging vendors change the competitive landscape?
- What are the growth strategies of the emerging enterprise applications vendors?