The Orbys Global Sourcing index provides procurement professionals, CIOs and CFOs with a tool comparing fifteen countries terms of their attractiveness as a sustainable base for lower-cost services provision according to 19 metrics that determine scores for three key parameters: business conditions, human resources and infrastructure.
- An index of 15 countries comparing the strengths and weaknesses for provision of offshored services.
- Enables benchmarking of different offshore locations on a set of standardized metrics that are consistent and reliable.
- Built upon data gathered from various authoritative national and international sources and weighted to reflect common client priorities.
- Targeted at clients, vendors and national outsourcing associations wanting to compare the suitability of offshore locations.
Unlike many other available indices, the Orbys Global Sourcing Index rates countries not only on their ability to provide low-cost skilled labour, but also on their political and economic stability, legal system strength, infrastructure risks, and threat of future labour cost rises, as well as the ongoing education and training of labour.
For this reason, Brazil, Russia, India and China (the so-called BRIC countries) do not score particularly highly in the Orbys Global Sourcing Index, despite the fact that these countries are regularly perceived to be potential 'hotbeds' of offshore outsourcing capability.
Conversely, the Czech Republic, Hungary and Poland all score well in all three key parameters of the Orbys Global Sourcing Index, highlighting the strength of their education systems and stable political, economic, legal and infrastructure capabilities.
Reasons to Purchase
- Enables you to compare and evaluate the business, human resources, and infrastructure environment of different offshore locations.
- Looks beyond just labour costs when helping you to identify key strengths and weaknesses of different offshore locations.