“Changing consumer needs and lifestyle along with increasing use of emulsifiers in various manufacturing processes is fueling the emulsifiers market, globally”
The market size of emulsifiers is projected to reach USD 8.44 billion by 2021, registering a CAGR of 6.8% between 2016 and 2021. The demand for emulsifiers is high as they are biodegradable, bio-compatible, chemically inert, skin friendly, and have long shelf life and thermal stability. The growth of the emulsifiers market is propelled by the rise in per capita processed food consumption. Stringent regulations regarding manufacturing and supply of certain emulsifiers and development of new technology such as emulsion polymerization are posing to be restraints of the market.
“Cosmetics & personal care: The fastest-growing application segment of the emulsifiers market”
Emulsifiers for required for manufacturing various kind of cosmetic & personal care products such as creams & lotions, personal hygiene products, makeup components, and others. Emulsifiers with certain specific standards can only be considered for use in the personal care industry. Some of the benefits of using emulsifiers in the process of manufacturing cosmetics & personal care products include improved spreading and easier absorption of the product while providing an evener, lighter, smoother feel.
“Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing market for emulsifiers”
There is an increase in the demand for processed food products such as dairy & meat product, bakery, convenience foods, and confectionery, especially, in emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific and the Middle East. Apart from the food emulsifiers market, there are other applications such as agrochemicals, cosmetics & personal care, and oilfield chemicals which are witnessing high growth in emerging markets. This is driving the growth of the market in the region. Rapidly growing demand, competitive manufacturing costs, and high economic growth are attracting market players in the region. Companies are adopting expansion and R&D strategies in the Asia-Pacific region. Market players are constantly focusing on this region to gain market share and increase their profitability.
The information provided in this study has been validated through primary interviews conducted with various industry experts across the globe. These primary sources have been divided into three categories: by company type, by designation, and by region.
- By Company Type- Tier 1- 37%, Tier 2- 50%, and Tier 3- 13%
- By Designation- C Level- 19%, D Level- 50%, and Others- 31%
- By Region- North America- 24%, Europe- 28%,Asia-Pacific- 29%, Latin America- 14%, and Middle East & Africa- 5%
The report also provides company profiles and details the competitive strategies adopted by major market players such as BASF SE (Germany), Dow Corning (U.S.), Kerry Group (Ireland), AkzoNobel NV (Netherlands), and Evonik Industries AG (Germany).
The report provides detailed description of the different types of emulsifiers (bio-based and synthetic. It provides qualitative and quantitative description about the various emulsifiers’ applications such as food emulsifiers, cosmetics & personal care, oilfield chemicals, pharmaceuticals, agrochemicals, and others.
The report will help leaders/new entrants in the market in the following ways:
- The report segments the emulsifiers market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides information on key market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand their competitors better and gain additional insights of the business. The competitive landscape section includes expansions, new product developments, partnerships & collaborations, and mergers & acquisitions undertaken by market players.