The global bioreactors market is expected to reach to USD 1,417 million by 2021 from USD 955 million in 2015, at a CAGR of 6.8% between 2015 and 2021. The increase in adoption of single-use technologies, use of hybrid technologies: Single-use and Stainless Steel, and growing biologics market are propelling the growth of the bioreactors market. Moreover, growing popularity of SUBs among biopharmaceutical companies is also one of the major drivers of the global bioreactor market. However, regulatory concerns related to single-use bioreactors, issues regarding leachable and extractable related to single-use bags is hampering the growth of this market.
“Increase in adoption of single-use technologies”
A number of facilities with small-scale systems are being built in favor of single-use bioreactors; this trend is expected to grow during the next five years. Such manufacturing facilities are built using titer and yield data of different molecule class. For instance, in recent times, the average titers at the commercial scale were less than 0.5 grams per liter (g/L). Today, due to technological trends such as improved expression systems and the use of process analytical technologies (PAT), this has this to 2.5 g/L. In future, it is expected that products in this market will have titer approaching 7 g/L. Hence, as the titer increases, companies will have the option of moving to a smaller bioreactor, such as a single-use one.
Nucleo Single-use Bioreactor from Danaher Corporation (U.S.) and Eppendorf AG (Germany), Mobius 3L Bioreactor (Merck KGaA) is some commonly used single-use bioreactors.
“Growing biologics market”
The growth of biologics is driven by monoclonal antibodies and human insulin, which are among the leading contributors to the market. With this growth, the number of bioreactors needed for the R&D and manufacturing of biologics is also expected to grow in the coming years. It is estimated that the R&D investment needed for developing a new medicine is ~USD 1.2 billion. Hence, the growth of biologics is leading to the increase in usage of bioreactors for different upstream bioprocess.
This report provides a detailed competitive landscaping of companies operating in this market. News & Deals, M&A, segment specific pipeline products, product approvals and product recalls of the major companies would be detailed.
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), ranking of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the bioreactor market; high-growth regions
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on bioreactors offered by the top players in the global bioreactor market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the bioreactors market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets –the report analyzes the markets for bioreactors across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global bioreactors market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global bioreactors market