UK Retail Futures 2013: DIY & Gardening provides comprehensive insight into sector related issues such as food price inflation, space expansion and the changing patterns of consumer demand. It combines this with a host of economic, social and political factors to derive thorough sector forecasts over the next five years
- Market expenditure, inflation and volume growth forecast to 2013 as well as data from the last ten years.
- Comprehensive analysis covering inflation, volume, and sales growth for 12 DIY & Gardening sub categories.
- Channels of distribution analysis 2008, 2009 and 2013 covering DIY & Gardening specialists and non-specialists.
- Comprehensive analysis of the key issues set to impact the DIY & Gardening market over the next five years.
The DIY market is set for serious deterioration. In the short term the market will be negatively impacted by a depressed housing market, poor consumer spending sentiment, slow wage growth and rising unemployment. The highly discretionary DIY sector is set to be one of the sectors most adversely affected by the recession.
The prospects of the gardening market are more promising. However, in the short term it will struggle due to its discretionary nature. The market will experience significant further consolidation driven by Wyevale and the Tesco-backed Dobbies. The aging population and increasing household appreciation of gardens will act as a fillip of growth.
Price inflation will be low in the short term as retailers manage declining demand. In the near term, inflation will increase due to negative exchange rates and a less competitive market. With demand remaining price inelastic, inflation will fall in the long term as retailers attempt to take advantage of volume growth returning to the sector.
Reasons to Purchase
- Plan for the future using this report to develop strategies that will enable you to compete effectively against rivals in tougher market conditions.
- Enhance your understanding of key issues, trends, and dynamics in the market, providing a valuable tool to help steer through turbulent times ahead.
- See how DIY & Gardening categories and sales channels are expected to perform over the next five years.