Verdict Research: Retail Futures is a unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures every three months. Seven UK sectors forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty and Homewares). Also available is an e-Retail forecast and a Sector Summary report.
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next eight quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies.
- Forecast for online retailing, analysing total online spend, split down into food and non-food.
The strong sales performances in Q2 were the result of consumers making more needs and replacement purchases, good weather, people holidaying in the UK and widespread discounting. However, with a hot summer failing to materialise and consumers becoming increasingly unwilling and unable to spend, retailers face tougher trading conditions in Q3.
With the demise of retailers such as Zavvi and Woolworths, remaining retailers have been able to pick up sales and market share. However, vying for a share of consumers' constrained spend is becoming increasingly challenging, intensifying competition, and further casualties are likely.
Despite inflation easing in food, inflationary pressures are mounting in non-food. While most will be keen to absorb costs wherever possible to entice spend, some will raise prices. However, any price rises will be made with caution. Mid and higher price points are likely to be increased rather than the footfall driving entry level price points.
Reasons to Purchase
- This unique service provides constantly updated forecasts than ensures you are making the right decisions, based on the latest data.
- The reliable and accurate data exposes opportunities for growth and is a key operational planning tool to aid tactical and strategic decision-making.
- It allows you to benchmark performance with confidence and set effective targets to help maximise performance.