The global cancer immunotherapy market is expected to reach USD 119.39 billion by 2021 from USD 61.97 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 14.0% from 2016 to 2021. Factors such as increasing incidence of cancer, rising healthcare expenditure, and increased access to medical insurance in developed countries are driving growth in the caner immunotherapy market. However, stringent regulatory policies and side-effects associated with cancer therapy are the major factors restraining the growth of this market.
The global cancer immunotherapy market has been segmented on the basis of type, application, enduser, and region. The monoclonal antibodies segment is expected to register the highest growth rate in the cancer immunotherapy market, by type, during the forecast period. Factors such as high success rate and less recovery time are contributing to the high growth in this segment.
Based on application, the global cancer immunotherapy market is segmented into lung cancer, breast cancer, colorectal cancer, melanoma, prostate cancer, head & neck cancer, and others (renal cell carcinoma, cervical, gastric, and lymphoma). The lung cancer segment is expected to witness the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021, primarily due to the rising prevalence of this type of cancer.
Based on endusers, the global cancer immunotherapy market is segmented into hospitals and clinics & others. The hospitals segment is expected to account for the largest share of the global cancer immunotherapy market in 2016. The rise in healthcare spending has resulted in the increasing use of drugs in hospitals.
Geographically, the cancer immunotherapy market is dominated by North America, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW). The large share of North America can be attributed to the growing aging population and the increased funding from government and non-government agencies in order to increase the research capacity.
Apart from comprehensive geographic & product analysis and market sizing, the report also provides a competitive landscape that covers the growth strategies adopted by industry players over the last three years. In addition, the company profiles comprise the product portfolios, developments, and strategies adopted by the market players to maintain and increase their shares in the market. The above-mentioned market research data, current market size, and forecast of the future trends will help key market players and new entrants to make the necessary decisions regarding product offerings, geographic focus, change in strategic approach, and levels of output, in order to remain successful in the cancer immunotherapy market.
The major players in the cancer immunotherapy market include Amgen (U.S.), AstraZeneca (U.K.), F.Hoffman La-RocheLtd. (Switzerland), BayerAG (Germany), Bristol-Myers Squibb (U.S.), Eli Lilly and Company (U.S.), Janssen Global Services, LLC (Belgium), Merck (U.S.), Novartis (Switzerland), and Pfizer (U.S.).
Objectives Of The Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global cancer immunotherapy market on the basis of type, application, end user, and region
- To provide detailed information regarding the major factors (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges) influencing the growth of the global cancer immunotherapy market
- To strategically analyze the markets with respect to their individual growth trends, future prospects, and contributions to the total market
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the revenue of market segments with respect to four regions, namely, North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the Rest of the World (RoW)
- To profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- To analyze competitive developments such as new product launches; agreements, partnerships, and joint ventures; mergers & acquisitions; and R&D activities in the global cancer immunotherapy market
Target Audience for this Report:
- Drug Manufacturers and Suppliers
- Academic Research Institutes
- Hospitals and Clinics
- Research and Development (R&D) Companies
- Business Research and Consulting Service Providers
- Medical Research Laboratories
- Academic Medical Centers and Universities
Scope of the Report:
In this report, the cancer immunotherapy market has been segmented into the following segments and subsegments:
Cancer Immunotherapy Market, by Type
- Monoclonal Antibodies
- Cancer Vaccines
- Checkpoint Inhibitors
Cancer Immunotherapy Market, by Application
- Lung Cancer
- Breast Cancer
- Head and Neck Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Colorectal Cancer
Cancer Immunotherapy Market, by End User
- Clinics & Others
Cancer Immunotherapy Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of the World (RoW)
- South America, Central America, and the Caribbean