The sepsis diagnostics market is expected to reach USD 564.1 million by 2021, at a CAGR of 8.8% from 2016 to 2021.
The sepsis diagnostics market is primarily driven by the rising prevalence of sepsis in the neonate and adult population across the globe. In addition, rising geriatric population, growing number of surgical procedures, high incidence of hospital-acquired infections, and increasing number of product approvals are supporting the growth of this market. On the other hand, lack of standard protocols and awareness as well as shortage of skilled staff are the major challenges in this market.
In this report, the sepsis diagnostics market has been segmented on the basis of product (instruments, blood culture media, assay kits & reagents, and software),technology (microbiology, molecular diagnostics, immunoassays, and flow cytometry), usability (laboratory testing & point-of-care testing), method (conventional diagnostics and automated diagnostics),pathogen (bacterial sepsis, fungal sepsis, and others) and region (North America, Europe, APAC, and RoW). On the basis of products, the blood culture media segment is estimated to account for the largest share of the sepsis diagnostics market in 2016. High use of blood culture testing as the standard diagnostic method for the diagnosis and identification of sepsis is driving the growth of this segment across the globe.
Geographically, North America (comprising the U.S. and Canada) is expected to command the largest share of the sepsis diagnostics market in 2016, followed by Europe. A number of factors such as the high prevalence of sepsis, increasing number of invasive procedures, growing adoption of high-end sepsis diagnostics devices, and rising government support are contributing to the growth of the North American sepsis diagnostics market. However, lack of standard protocol for sepsis diagnostics and high cost of diagnostic devices are limiting the growth of sepsis diagnostics market in the North America.
The sepsis diagnostics market consists of a large number of big, medium, and small-sized companies. As of 2015, the sepsis diagnostics market was dominated by bioMérieux SA (France), Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (U.S.), and Cepheid Inc. (U.S.). New product launches and product approvals; partnerships, agreements, and collaborations; and acquisitions; were the major strategies adopted by most of the market players between 2013 and 2016 to achieve growth in the sepsis diagnostics market.
Objectives Of The Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global sepsis diagnostics market on the basis of technology, products, method, usability, pathogen, and region
- To provide detailed information regarding major factors influencing growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and industry-specific challenges)
- To strategically analyze the micromarkets1 with respect to individual growth trends, future prospects, and contributions to the total market
- To analyze the opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of the competitive landscape for market leaders
- To provide a five-year forecast for various segments of the sepsis diagnostics market, in terms of revenue, with respect to four main regions, namely, North America (the U.S. and Canada), Europe (Germany, France, the U.K., and Rest of Europe), Asia-Pacific (India, China, Japan, and the Rest of Asia-Pacific), and the Rest of the World
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares and core competencies
- To track and analyze competitive developments such as new product launches,; agreements and partnerships,; and mergers and acquisitions in the global sepsis diagnostics market
1. Micro markets are defined as the further segments and subsegments of the global sepsis diagnostics market included in the report.
2. Core competencies of the companies are captured in terms of their key developments and key strategies adopted to maintain their market positions.
- Sepsis diagnostic device manufacturing companies
- Clinical laboratories
- Hospitals and clinics
- Research institutes and clinical research organizations (CROs)
- Market research and consulting firms
- Sepsis diagnostic devices suppliers and distributors
- Blood culture media manufacturers
- Blood culture media distributors and suppliers
Scope of the Report
This research report categorizes the sepsis diagnostics market into the following segments:
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Technology
- Molecular Diagnostics
- Flow Cytometry
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Product
- Blood Culture Media
- Assays & Reagents
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Method
- Conventional Diagnostics
- Automated Diagnostics
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Usability
- Laboratory Testing
- Point-of-care Testing
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Pathogen
- Bacterial Sepsis
- Gram-negative Bacterial Sepsis
- Gram-positive Bacterial Sepsis
- Fungal Sepsis
Global Sepsis Diagnostics Market, by Region
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Rest of Asia-Pacific
- Rest of the World