Verdict Research: Retail Futures is a unique forecasting tool providing dynamic forecasts and analysis of market demand and price pressures every three months. Seven UK sectors forecasts are available (Clothing & Footwear, DIY & Gardening, Electricals, Furniture & Floorcoverings, Food & Grocery, Health & Beauty and Homewares). Also available is an e-Retail forecast and a Sector Summary report.
- Brief review of economic trends and how they impact retail, explaining how we believe key economic metrics will evolve over the next two years.
- Forecasts of how overall retail and retail sectors will fare over the next eight quarters, examining volume, inflation and overall growth rates.
- Category level forecasts are provided to fully inform growth strategies.
- Forecast for online retailing, analysing total online spend, split down into food and non-food.
The recession has driven an increased polarisation of spend. While easing somewhat in food; the Big Four grocers having successfully enticed consumers back from discounters, this trend is most marked in non-food with mid-market retailers still being squeezed as consumers mix premium and value as they take a more cautious approach to spending.
The supermarkets are emerging as the big winners of the recession; benefitting from the essential nature of their core product offer and frugal consumers gravitating towards their non-food categories. While there are some positive results elsewhere, the majority of non-food sectors are suffering, especially discretionary home-related sectors.
Falling commodity prices, less seasonal price fluctuations and intense price competition are causing inflation in food to subside significantly. While inflationary pressures are mounting in non-food, price rises are being pursued with caution with discretionary consumer demand remaining weak.
Reasons to Purchase
- This unique service provides constantly updated forecasts that ensures you are making the right decisions, based on the latest data.
- Use reliable and informed data to identify opportunities for growth and as a key planning tool to aid tactical and strategic decision-making.
- Benchmark performance with confidence and set effective targets to help maximise performance.