Rheumatoid Arthritis Testing - Europe Analysis and Market Forecasts
The rising prevalence of rheumatoid arthritis (RA), increase in healthcare expenditure globally, rapidly rising demand for autoimmune disease diagnostics, coupled with advancement in technology and the introduction of new tests for example the second generation anti-cyclic citrullinated peptide (anti-CCP) immunoassays and the point of care (POC) lateral flow assays for RA diagnosis, are some of the major factors expected to drive market growth during the forecast period. In addition, the European laboratories are adopting more automated systems as a more cost-effective alternative to manual testing, this will lead to an increase in the volume of RA tests performed in Europe. Also the implementation of initiatives aimed at developing effective diagnostic and therapeutic solutions for RA will further push for the development of suitable biomarkers.
While RA testing is one of the most lucrative segments within autoimmune testing, the market growth of RA testing will be hampered by the high rate of false positive results and the pressure for healthcare providers to control cost. Moving forward, in light of increasing demand for RA testing, manufacturing companies are racing to develop the next-generation RA biomarkers that are have greater clinical accuracy. A diagnostic test or a multi-biomarker panel that is capable of ruling out RA would be the ultimate goal for manufacturers.
The RA testing market is determined for the five major European markets (5EU): France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK; and Russia. This report provides insight into the adoption trends, market dynamics, competitive landscape, marketed and pipeline products, current and emerging players, as well as market outlooks. The report identifies the unmet needs in the market while providing an understanding of physicians’ perceptions in using and evaluating the adoption of different types of RA diagnostic tests.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future RA testing market outlook in Europe? What trends are affecting the European markets?
- What is the competitive landscape and who are major players in the RA testing space?
- What are the key, high growth markets that IVD manufacturers should expand into? Which market segments are growing the fastest?
- What are the unmet needs with the RA tests currently on the market? How will emerging technologies such as POC assays fulfil these unmet needs?
- What are the key products and pipelines in the RA testing market?
- What are the challenges and barriers that have hindered widespread adoption of RA tests in different regions?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.