Having proven less essential than furniture for others rooms and subsequently seen a squeeze on spend during the recessionary years, spend on dining furniture has recovered in recent years as disposable incomes and housing transactions have encouraged consumers to invest in their dining spaces. However, growth peaked in 2015 and is set to tail off, as UK living spaces become smaller and dining rooms become less of a priority, leading to a drop off in spend, especially on the largest dining category, furniture sets. Scores of spend is instead gradually switching to smaller sets and more standalone furniture pieces, which represent less value per purchase.
Recovery but slowing momentum
Dining furniture is set to be worth £612.2m in 2016. Spend has recovered, but the momentum in growth is forecast to tail off.
The dining room market is led by specialists, but overall is serviced by a broad range of retailers.
Evolving dining lifestyles
Smaller living spaces, open plan layouts and at-home entertaining habits are fuelling demand for space-saving and well designed dining furniture.
Online penetration is high, but stores have an important role to play in a multichannel shopping journey.
"Dining Furniture", a Home Retail Series Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the UK Dining Furniture market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2021. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the Dining market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail's aftermarket databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Key issues and strategies in Dining Furniture
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and 5 year forecast size for Dining Furniture in the UK, with an overview regional analysis.
- Summary of main retailers; market shares, key comparatives and retailer profiles.
- Consumer data: who is shopping in the market by demographic, average spend, purchase motivations.
Reasons To Buy
- This HRS Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the Dining Furniture market based on insights from within Verdict's proprietary aftermarket database, consumer insight from our bespoke annual survey and interviews with industry experts.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging Dining Furniture market.
- 99p Stores