“The growing trend of rapid transit vehicles and increasing public investments in rail infrastructure are expected to fuel the demand for train control and management systems across the globe”
The global train control and management system (TCMS) market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 7.72% from 2016 to 2021, to reach a market size of USD 3.28 billion by 2021. The key factors responsible for the growth of this market include rapid urbanization and stringent emission norms.
“Metros and high-speed trains: Fastest growing market”
The metros &high-speed trains segment is estimated to account for the largest share, in terms of value,of the TCMS market in 2016. The growth of this segment can be primarily attributed to the shift towards rapid, safe,and comfortable transport, increasing public investments in rapid transit infrastructure, and stringent emission norms.Moreover, increasing urbanization has triggered the need for efficient public transport, which has in turn, accelerated the demand for metros and high-speed trains. Asia-Oceania and North America are estimated to be the largest markets for metros and high-speed trains, owing to the high demand for rolling stock and overhauling of existing rolling stock in these regions.
“Communication-based train control: Market with high growth potential”
Train operators are opting for communication-based train control (CBTC), as it improves in teroperability and reduces maintenance costs. CBTC is being used to replace old technologies in rail infrastructure to improve operational efficiency and passenger safety. Rolling stock manufacturers are also increasing their focus on CBTC due to the advantages it offers. The CBTC market is estimated to witness significant growth in Asia-Oceania and North America.
The study contains insights provided by various industry experts, ranging from material suppliers to Tier I companies and OEMs. The break-up of the primaries is as follows:
- By Company Type–OEMs and Tier I- 38%, Tier II - 62%
- By Designation - C level - 49%, D level - 34%, and Others - 17%
- By Region - North America - 54%, Europe - 24%, Asia-Oceania – 18%, and Rest of the World - 4%
The global TCMS market is dominated by established players such as Bombardier Inc. (Canada), Alstom SA (France), Siemens AG (Germany), Toshiba Corporation (Japan), and Mitsubishi Electric Corporation (Japan). Key growth strategies adopted by these players include supply contracts and expansion.
The report provides detailed profiles of the following companies:
- Bombardier Inc.
- Alstom SA
- Siemens AG
- Toshiba Corporation
- Mitsubishi Electric Corporation
- Hitachi Ltd.
- Knorr-Bremse AG
- Eke Group
- CAF Group
- Strukton Rail
Objectives of the Study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global TCMS market by component (vehicle control unit, mobile communication gateway, and human machine interface), train type (electric multiple unit, diesel multiple unit, and metro), and region (Asia-Oceania, Europe, North America, and Rest of the World)
- To define, describe, and forecast the train control solutions market by type (positive train control, CBTC, and integrated train control)
- To provide detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges)
- To strategically profile key players and comprehensively analyze their core competencies
- TCMS manufacturers
- Train control system manufacturers
- Rolling stock manufacturers
- Rail operators
- Rail associations
- Investment firms
- Equity research firms
- Private equity firms
Scope Of The Report
By Train Type
- Metros &High-Speed Trains
- Electric Multiple Units
- Diesel Multiple Units
- Vehicle Control Unit
- Mobile Communication Gateway
- Human Machine Interface
- North America
- Rest of the World
- Train Control Solutions Market
- Positive Train Control
- Communication-Based Train Control
- Integrated Train Control