“The distribution transformer market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.57% from 2016 to 2021”
The distribution transformer market is projected to reach USD 17.61 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.57% during the forecast period. The distribution capacity addition plans and growing renewable generation are acting as the major drivers of the distribution transformer market.
“Three-phase transformer under the phase segment accounted for the largest market share of the distribution transformer market”
In terms of market, by phase, three-phase transformers held the largest market share in 2015. Three-phase transformers are typically used to step down the voltage in the power distribution systems. They are designed to perform with less material requirement, less size, and less weight as compared to single-phase transformers. Three-phase distribution transformers cost around 15% less than bank of three single-phase transformers. They also occupy lesser space then the later and can be easily installed. These factors are creating demand for the three-phase transformers market.
“Asia Pacific: The largest market for distribution transformers”
Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for distribution transformers, followed by North America and Europe. China accounted for the largest share in the Asian distribution transformers market in 2015, and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. High power demand in China has led to the increase in planned distribution capacity of the country. This has been supported by government initiative and timely investment in power transmission and distribution, which is likely to drive the market in the region. The country is likely to witness investments worth USD 300 billion in distribution networks by 2020.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject-matter experts, corporate-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as to assess future market prospects. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1—42%, Tier 2—32%, and Tier 3—26%
- By Designation: Corporate Level—42%, Manager Level—32%, and Others*—26%
- By Region: North America—34%, Europe—22%, Asia-Pacific—22%, Middle East, South America, and Africa—22%
Note: *Others include product managers, marketing managers, and sales managers.
The tier of the companies has been defined based on their total revenue, as of 2016: Tier 1 = >USD 20 billion, Tier 2 = From USD 10 billion to USD 20 billion and Tier 3 = < USD 10 billion
Leading players in this industry have been profiled, along with their recent developments and other strategic activities. These include ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), Siemens AG (Germany), Crompton Greaves Limited (India), General Electric (U.S.), and Eaton Corporation Plc. (Ireland) among others.
Objectives of the study
- To define, describe, and forecast the global distribution transformer market by insulation type, mounting, phase, power rating and region
- To provide a detailed information regarding major factors influencing the growth of the distribution transformer market (drivers, restraints, opportunities, industry-specific challenges, winning imperatives, and burning issues related to the market)
- To analyze opportunities in the market for stakeholders and provide details of a competitive landscape for market leaders
- To forecast the market size of segments with respect to six major regions (along with countries), namely, Asia-Pacific, North America, Europe, the Middle East, South America, and Africa
- To analyze competitive developments such as contracts & agreements, mergers & acquisitions, new product developments, and expansions in distribution transformer market
- Distribution Transformer Manufacturing Companies
- Commercial Infrastructure Developers
- Process and Manufacturing Plants
- Power Distribution Utilities
- Government and Industry Associations
- State- or Government-Owned Corporations
Scope of the report:
By Insulation Type
By Power Rating
- Up to 500 kVA
- 501 kVA–2,500 kVA
- 2,501 kVA–10,000 kVA
- Above 10,000 kVA
- North America
- Middle East
- South America