The radiator market in Europe experienced a minor growth in the years following the financial crisis, and although it has showed some signs of recovery in recent years - growing 2% between 2011 and 2015, market volumes are set to remain generally stable throughout many European economies, with little major growth (1%) being forecast up to 2019. In spite of this, value has been growing steadily in a number of markets even during recessionary conditions, as the majority of markets still remain dominated by premium brands. The European radiator market saw overall values grow by 9% between 2011 and 2015, and is expected to grow further, increasing by 6% by 2019.
Meanwhile, with increasingly complex clutch technology in the aftermarket, replacement rates as well as volumes have slowly fallen as product longevity has grown. However, this increased longevity typically comes with a higher price tag, and consequently, value has grown and is forecast to continue increasing as clutch prices rise year-on-year. As a result, overall clutch volumes are forecast to increase by 1% by 2019, yet values are predicted to grow by 6% over the same period. Starter motor and alternator technologies are also driving value growth, reflecting the growing prevalence of complex start-stop technologies in the vehicle parc. In addition, certain manufacturers offer integrated starter-alternator generators, which command a higher price. As a result, the volumes and values of starter motors are forecast to increase by 2% and 7% by 2019, whilst the volumes and values of alternators are forecast to increase the same increments.
- Starter motor volumes and values will grow by 2019 Volumes in the European starter motor market are expected to grow 2% in the longer term while values are expected to increase by 7%. Although the market was affected by the recession, people still maintained their cars, but chose to fit cheaper parts with less longevity. These parts will wear out quickly and need replacing more frequently, accounting for the expected uplift in volumes.
- Overall volume and value of the European alternators market to grow by 2019 The alternator market is one that is increasingly influenced by the changing technologies within the components themselves and within the engine bay of the vehicle. It is also influenced by the growing presence of power-hungry options in modern passenger cars which place unprecedented demands on automotive charging systems. Overall volumes are expected to grow by 2% by 2019, whilst values are forecast to grow by 7% over the same period.
- Radiator market volumes and values are both forecast to grow by 2019 Where components such as radiators are being replaced rather than being repaired, motorists are choosing to save money and repair if necessary, defer if possible or replace with the cheaper items referenced earlier. Overall market volumes are expected to grow by 1% while values are expected to grow by 6%.
- The European clutch market values and volumes are both set to grow by 2019 The European clutch market is evolving; major players have left the market, whilst there has been a small increase in the number of Chinese brands entering the market, although until now, they have not made much of an indent in the market. The shape of the market, with multiple brands at multiple price points, means that there is unlikely to be any major change in the long term market value. At the channel level, the market remains wedded to the manufacturer network, with some independents choosing not to fit clutches because of the time and effort required to replace a modern dual mass clutch. This means that specialist clutch centers have the opportunity to gain a larger share of the UK market. Overall clutch volumes are expected to increase by 1% and values by 6% by 2019.
"The European Mechanical Parts Market 2011-2019", a Trend Report by Verdict Retail, provides an executive-level overview of the European vehicle mechanical parts market today, with forecasts of values and volumes up to 2019. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the European mechanical parts market, analyzing key trends in the market based on proprietary data from Verdict Retail's aftermarket databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Market size and forecast; a look at the total market size and forecast size for mechanical parts in Europe, with an overview regional analysis.
- Market value and forecast; a look at the total market value and forecast value for mechanical parts in Europe, with an overview regional analysis.
- Summary of main influences; an overview on the factors driving the evolution of the European mechanical parts market.
Reasons To Buy
- This Trend Report helps executives build proactive, profitable growth strategies by offering comprehensive, relevant analysis of the European mechanical parts market based on insights from within Verdict's proprietary aftermarket database, consumer insight from our bespoke annual survey and interviews with industry experts.
- The report is designed for an executive-level audience, boasting presentation quality that allows it to be turned into presentable material immediately.
- The broad but detailed perspective will help manufacturers and retailers to understand and succeed in the challenging mechanical parts market.