‘The global silicon anode battery market projected to grow at a CAGR of 43.4% from 2016 to 2022’
The global silicon anode battery market was valued at USD 96.5 million in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 1,018.3 million by 2022, at a CAGR of 43.4% between 2016 and 2022. The factors expected to drive the growth of the market include the increasing demand for eco-friendly electric vehicles and rising R&D initiatives by manufacturers to design batteries with high energy density, superior power capability, energy storage, and longer life span of batteries.
‘The Pouch cell segment to exhibit highest growth during the forecast period’
The pouch cell segment is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, as pouch cells are widely used in consumer, military, and automotive applications. Some of the major reasons that are expected to contribute to the growth of the silicon anode battery market in pouch packs, as it facilitates efficient use of space among other battery packs and is suitable for portable applications requiring high load currents, such as portable electronic devices and hobby gadgets.
“North America the largest market, whereas market for Asia-Pacific silicon anode battery market to grow at a highest rate during the forecast period”
North America was the largest market for silicon anode battery, due to significant growth in the automotive and consumer goods sectors. North America and Europe account for a larger share in the market, due to growth in industrial sector in these regions. The silicon anode battery market in the U.S. is expected to witness high growth, owing to the high demand for battery-powered electric vehicles, e-bikes, and automated guided vehicles in the country.
The Asia-Pacific silicon anode battery market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period. Silicon anode batteries are being increasingly used across various applications in the region, due to increasing awareness about efficiency, safety, and reliability and hence energy cost savings potential of these batteries. Some of the factors that are projected to drive the growth of the silicon anode battery market are rise in the penetration of electric vehicles in the region and key players establishing their production units in various parts of the region. Countries such as China, Japan, and South Korea are expected to significantly influence the growth of the silicon battery market in Asia-Pacific.
The breakup of primaries conducted during the study is depicted in below.
- By Company Type: Tier1 Companies - 50%, Tier 2 Companies – 33%, and Tier 3 Companies – 17%
- By Designation: C-level - 34%, Director Level- 33%, and Others- 33%
- By Region: Asia-Pacific- 50%, Europe- 33%, and North America- 17%
Some of the key players in the global silicon anode battery market are Amprius, Inc. (U.S.), Panasonic Corp (Japan), Samsung SDI (South Korea), LG Chem (South Korea), Nexeon Limited (U.K.), Los Angeles Cleantech Incubator (U.S.), Nanotek Instruments, Inc. (U.S.), Enevate Corporation (U.S.), Zeptor Corporation (U.S.), XG Sciences (U.S.) and California Lithium Battery Inc. (U.S.).
Reasons to buy the report:
- This report includes the market statistics pertaining to type, capacity, application, and geography along with their respective market size.
- The Porter’s Five Forces framework has been utilized along with the value chain analysis to provide an in-depth insight into the silicon anode battery market.
- Major drivers, restraints, and opportunities for the silicon anode battery market have been detailed in this report.
- Illustrative segmentation, analysis, and forecast for the markets on the basis of type, capacity, application, and geography have been conducted to give an overall view of the silicon anode battery market.
- A detailed competitive landscape includes key players, in-depth analysis, and ranking of key players.
The available customizations for the report can offer further country-wise segmentation of the silicon anode battery market in terms of value. Further breakdown of the industry can be provided along with profiling of any additional companies in the market.