This research report, World Market for LEDs and OLEDs
, presents an in-depth analysis of the development, applications, products, manufacturers, and trends in the use of light-emitting diodes (LEDs) and organic light-emitting diodes (OLEDs) in the United States. These two technologies have improved dramatically over the past few years and are now poised to revolutionize the lighting industry. The report provides a comprehensive analysis of the current market for these technologies and projects future market size and end-use applications through 2013. Marketing concerns including energy demand, environmental impacts, economic conditions, consumer acceptance, intellectual property rights, and government activities are discussed in relation to their impact on market growth for LED and OLED technologies. The report also profiles major manufacturers and marketers of LEDs and OLEDs and the strategies they have adopted to maximize growth and profitability.
LEDs and OLEDs are currently used in numerous business and consumer products but have yet to significantly penetrate the general illumination market. Cost remains the final hurdle as brightness levels and operational lifetimes have surpassed those of commonly used incandescent and fluorescent lighting products. From mobile phones to automobiles to billboards and television sets, LEDs and OLEDs have proven their effectiveness with their many advantages over other lighting sources. This report delineates the potential impacts of these two technologies bring to these and other applications over the next five years. Scope and Methodology
This report includes both primary and secondary research. Secondary research data have been obtained from government sources, trade association publications, business journals, and company literature. Simmons Market Research Bureau (SMRB) and IRI provided primary research. Statistical data are included for industry revenue, both globally and for the United States. Historical data are provided for the 2003 to 2008 time frame with projections of future sales through 2013. The base year for the report is 2008. Demand in each of the following product application sectors is analyzed in terms of overall revenue, both for business and consumer uses:
- Automotive Applications
- Display Backlighting Applications
- Mobile Applications
- Signals and Signage Applications
- General Illumination Applications
- Other Applications
Potential product applications, buying trends, environmental issues, and energy considerations are also reviewed and analyzed. Market size estimates and forecasts are based on historic data of LED and OLED sales, current revenue trends based on secondary sources, and the impact of factors such as environmental concerns, fuel and energy prices, economic considerations, and housing and building trends. How You Will Benefit from this Report
If your company is involved with general lighting, display advertising, automotive lighting, or televisions, computer monitors, or other consumer electronic displays - or if you are replacing your current lighting fixtures, want to conserve energy, or begin a “green” initiative - you will find this report invaluable, as it provides a comprehensive package of information and insight about LEDs and OLEDs not offered in any other single source. You will gain a thorough understanding of the current LED and OLED applications and markets, as well as projected market sizes and trends through 2013.
This report will help:
- Marketing Managers identify market opportunities and develop targeted promotion plans for LED and OLED products.
- Research and Development Professionals stay on top of competitor initiatives, product applications, and demand for LED and OLED products.
- Advertising Agencies working with clients in the general illumination, display advertising, and consumer electronics markets develop compelling messages and images to promote sales of LED and OLED products.
- Business Development Executives understand the dynamics of the LED and OLED markets, identify potential partnerships, and detect new product applications.
- Information and Research Center Librarians provide market researchers, brand and product managers, and other colleagues with the vital information they need to do their jobs more effectively.