Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in Ukraine: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides detailed analysis of market trends in the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
The report also analyzes various payment card markets operating in the industry, and provides detailed information on the number of cards in circulation, and transaction values and volumes during the review period (2011-2015) and over the forecast period (2016-2020). It also offers information on the country's competitive landscape, including the market shares of issuers and schemes.
The report brings together Timetric's research, modeling, and analysis expertise to allow banks and card issuers to identify segment dynamics and competitive advantages. The report also covers details of regulatory policy and recent changes in the regulatory structure.
Timetric's 'The Cards and Payments Industry in Ukraine: Emerging Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides top-level market analysis, information and insights into the Ukrainian cards and payments industry, including:
- Current and forecast values for each market in the Ukrainian cards and payments industry, including debit and pay later cards.
- E-commerce market analysis.
- It also, includes an overview of the country's key alternative payment instruments.
- Analysis of various market drivers and regulations governing the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- Detailed analysis of strategies adopted by banks and other institutions to market debit and pay later cards.
- Comprehensive analysis of consumer attitudes and buying preferences for cards.
- The competitive landscape in the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- This report provides a comprehensive analysis of the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- It provides current values for the Ukrainian cards and payments industry for 2015, and forecast figures to 2020.
- It details the different demographic, economic, infrastructural and business drivers affecting the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- It outlines the current regulatory framework in the industry.
- It details marketing strategies used by various banks and other institutions.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions, using top-level historic and forecast market data, related to the Ukrainian cards and payments industry and each market within it.
- Understand the key market trends and growth opportunities in the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- Assess the competitive dynamics in the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- Gain insights into marketing strategies used for various card types in Ukraine.
- Gain insights into key regulations governing the Ukrainian cards and payments industry.
- Contactless technology is expected to gain prominence among Ukrainian consumers, as the government and banks are keen to promote it. The latest effort was the introduction of contactless payments in September 2015 by the Kiev Municipal State Administration to enable Kiev metro passengers to pay fares with MasterCard contactless cards. Similarly, in February 2014 Privat Bank launched its contactless mobile payment (m-payment) service. In January 2014, Alfa Bank launched a contactless m-payment pilot project in partnership with telecom company Kyivstar.
- Merchants are also showing a keen interest in installing POS terminals with contactless functionality. According to the National Bank of Ukraine (NBU), Ukraine's central bank, as of June 27, 2016 there were 88,000 contactless POS terminals in Ukraine, equivalent to 45.9% of the total terminals. Merchants such as Metro Cash&Carry, Silpo, ATB, Novus, Mega Market, Arsen, Intertop, Butterfly cinemas and the MaxFoxy fast-food network have installed contactless POS terminals. In January 2013 payment solution provider Ingenico, in partnership with Oschadbank, deployed its PINPad iPP350 contactless POS terminal at all McDonald's stores in Ukraine.
- Similarly, to provide convenient banking transactions, banks are installing ATMs equipped with contactless functionality. The latest offering is the launch of contactless ATMs in Lviv by UniCredit Bank, Alfa-Bank, MasterCard and Euronet Ukraine in June 2016. Privat Bank launched contactless ATMs in October 2013.