“The hydrographic survey equipment market is projected to reach USD 3.62 billion by 2021”
According to the projections made in this report, the hydrographic survey equipment market is estimated to grow from USD 2.77 billion in 2016 to USD 3.62 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.43% during the forecast period. Factors driving the hydrographic survey equipment market include rise in maritime commerce, increase in demand for accurate nautical charts, and coastal zone management & development.
“The non-acoustic marine geophysical systems segment is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period”
Rise in exploration of oil, gas, ferrous metals, and other energy resources is the key factor fueling the growth of the non-acoustic marine geophysical systems segment. The marine magnetometer segment is estimated to lead the non-acoustic marine geophysical systems market in 2016, primarily driven by the demand for locating sunken ships, lost anchors, buried pipelines, and other underwater objects containing ferrous metals.
“Unmanned underwater vehicles & unmanned surface vehicles provide significant opportunities for growth”
The UUV & USV segment is estimated to hold the highest market share in the hydrographic survey market during the forecast period. This growth can be attributed to the increased use of ROV & AUV for carrying out hydrographic surveys, seabed feature mapping, cable/pipeline route survey, dredge operations, offshore oil & gas survey, among others. North America currently holds the largest market share in the hydrographic survey equipment market.
“Asia-Pacific region to offer significant growth opportunities in the hydrographic survey equipment market
The APAC region is estimated to register the highest CAGR rate in the hydrographic survey market during the forecast period. This growth in the region can be attributed to the increase in maritime trade as well as coastal zone management & development.
Break-up of profiles of primary participants for the report has been given below.
- By Company Type– Tier 1- 45%, Tier 2 -35%, Tier-3 -20%
- By Designation- C Level- 50%, D level – 35%, Others – 15%
- By Region – North America –44%, Europe – 35%, APAC – 15%, RoW – 6%
Hydrographic survey equipment have evolved over the course of time in terms of technology. Synthetic aperture sonar, tidal constituent & residual interpolation, conductivity temperature depth as well as the MEMS-based inertial systems for hydrography are some of the new technologies that are being used to carry out hydrographic surveys.
The major companies profiled in the report include Thales Group (France), Teledyne Technologies (United States), The Raytheon Company (Germany),and Fugro (Netherlands), among others.
Reasons to buy the report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analysis—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply-chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape, emerging and high-growth segments of the hydrographic survey equipment market, high-growth regions, and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on hydrographic survey equipment offered by top players in the global hydrographic survey equipment market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research and development activities, and new product launches in the hydrographic survey equipment market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets - the report analyzes the markets for hydrographic survey equipment across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the hydrographic survey equipment market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the hydrographic survey equipment market