Global military UAV market is expected to value US$8.5 Billion in 2016, and will grow at a CAGR of 4.89%, to value US$13.7 Billion by 2026. The cumulative market for global expenditure on military UAVs will reach US$114.0 Billion over the forecast period. The demand for UAVs is expected to be driven by internal and external security threats, territorial disputes, and modernization initiatives undertaken by Armed Forces across the world.
The global UAV market is dominated by North America, with the US being the largest defense spender in the sector. Overall, North America will spend US$36.2 Billion on UAVs during the forecast period. Europe represents the second-largest market, with the total UAV market valued at US$35.7 Billion over the forecast period, offering a potentially attractive investment opportunity for western firms.
In order to increase the capabilities of modern UAVs, the global defense industry is investing significantly in research and development, which has led to the development of technologies to enhance the endurance and survivability of UAVs. Additionally, UAV roles are evolving from intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance (ISR) missions to a wide range of capabilities such as electronic attack (EA), strike missions, the suppression/destruction of enemy air defenses (SEAD/DEAD), network nodes, communications relays, and combat search and rescue (CSAR).
The report “The Global Military UAV Market 2016-2026” offers detailed analysis of the global military UAV market over the next ten years, and provides market size forecasts. Furthermore, it covers key technological and market trends in the industry, and analyzes factors influencing demand for military UAVs. Additionally, the report also highlights challenges faced by industry participants.
In particular, it provides an in-depth analysis of the following:
• Overview: Snapshot of the military UAV market during 2016–2026, including highlights of the demand drivers, trends and challenges. It also provides a snapshot of the spending with respect to regions as well as segments.
• Market Dynamics: Insights into the technological developments in the military UAV market and a detailed analysis of the changing preferences of governments around the world. It also analyzes changing industry structure trends and the challenges faced by the industry participants.
• Segment Analysis: Insights into the military UAV market from a segmental perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each sector.
• Regional Review: Insights into modernization patterns and budgetary allocation for top countries within a region.
• Regional Analysis: Insights into the military UAV market from a regional perspective and a detailed analysis of factors influencing the market for each region.
• Trend Analysis – Key Defense Market: Analysis of the key markets in each region, providing an analysis of the military UAV segments expected to be in demand in each region.
• Key Program Analysis: Details of the top programs in each segment expected to be executed during the forecast period.
• Competitive landscape analysis: Analysis of competitive landscape of the global military UAV industry. It provides an overview of key defense companies, together with insights such as key alliances, strategic initiatives and a brief financial analysis.
Companies mentioned in this report: Israel Aerospace Industries, EMT Ingenieurgesellschaft, AAI Corporation, Sagem, BlueBird Aero Systems, Singapore Technologies Aerospace, Airbus, Boeing, General Atomics Aeronautical Systems Inc., AeroVironment, Aeronautics Ltd., Elbit Systems Ltd., Northrop Grumman Corporation, Dassault Aviation SA., Denel Dynamics, Korea Aerospace Industries, BAE Systems, Saab.