“Increasing demand for variable data printing from diverse end-use sectors to drive the variable data printing market in labels”
The global variable data printing market in labels is projected grow from USD 10.79 billion in 2016 to reach USD 22.27 billion by 2021, at a projected CAGR of 15.61%. Increasing demand for variable data printing for diverse applications in food & beverage, pharmaceutical, consumer durables, home & personal care, and retail sectors is driving the growth of the variable data printing market in labels.
“The food & beverage sector is projected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The food & beverage sector formed the largest market in the variable data printing market in labels in 2015. This sector is projected to remain the major consumer through the forecast period. Due to rising disposable incomes especially in emerging markets, increased consumption of packed and branded food due to growing concern about product ingredients, shelf life, and dosage directions has increased the demand for variable data printed labels.
“North America dominated the variable data printing market in labels in 2015”
North America held the largest market in the variable data printing market in labels in 2015 and is projected to dominate the market during the forecast. The growth of this market is attributed to the increasing purchase of consumer durables, high demand for packed food and pharmaceutical products, and changing government policies regarding packaging and label applications.
Breakdown of Primaries:
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of the variable data printing market in labels. Primary sources include professionals such as opinion leaders, executives, vice presidents, and CEOs of companies in the labeling and packaging industries. The following is the breakdown of primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1: 40%; Tier 2: 60%
- By Designation: Director Level: 60%; Manager Level: 40%
- By Region: North America: 60%; Europe: 20%; RoW: 20%
Tier1: Revenue >USD 500 million
Tier2: Revenue USD 100 to USD 500 million
The various key companies profiled in the report are as follows:
- HP Inc. (U.S.)
- Canon Inc. (Japan)
- 3M Company (U.S.)
- Xerox Corporation (U.S.)
- R.R. Donnelley & Sons Company (U.S.)
- Mondi Plc (South Africa)
- Avery Dennison Corporation (U.S.)
- Quad/Graphics Inc. (U.S.)
- Cenveo, Inc. (U.S.)
- WS Packaging Group, Inc. (U.S.)
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the variable data printing market in labels comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- The report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights about their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, agreements, investments, contracts, partnerships, and acquisitions.