“Growing construction industry to drive the market for fiber cement”
The global market for fiber cement is projected to grow from USD 13.75 billion in 2016 to reach USD 17.38 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 4.80% from 2016 to 2021. Growth in the construction industry throughout the world as well as strict regulations against the use of asbestos cement have played a huge role in providing the necessary momentum to the fiber cement market, after the economic slowdown.
“Fiber cement roofing to gain maximum traction during the forecast period”
Roofing is projected to be the fastest-growing application of fiber cement in the next five years. Fiber cement roofing is durable and aesthetically pleasing. However, siding is projected to be the most common application of fiber cement by 2021, in terms of market size.
“Asia-Pacific contributes the maximum market share in 2015”
The market for fiber cement is also segmented based on region which includes North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific accounted for the largest share of the total demand generated by the global fiber cement market in 2015because of the willingness of companies in the region to take up capital-intensive projects, along with the availability of technical expertise. The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the fastest-growing market for fiber cement, during the forecast period, owing to the rising economy and the rapid growth in the infrastructure sector.
Breakdown of primaries:
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of fiber cement. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 56%, Tier 2 – 33%, Tier 3 – 11%
- By Designation: Director level – 59%, C level – 28%, Others – 13%
- By Region: North America – 43%, Asia-Pacific – 29%, Europe – 21%, RoW – 7%
The various suppliers of fiber cement and related products in the report are as follows:
- Etex Group NV (Belgium)
- James Hardie Industries PLC (Ireland)
- Evonik Industries AG (Germany)
- Compagnie de Saint Gobain SA (France)
- Toray Industries Inc (Japan)
- CSR Limited (Australia)
- The Siam Cement Public Company Limited (Thailand)
- Nichiha Fiber Cement (Japan)
- Plycem USA, Inc. (U.S.)
- Cembrit Holding A/S (Denmark)
Reasons to Buy the Report:
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the market for fiber cement comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub segments across the different verticals and regions.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.