The global infection surveillance solutions market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 14.1% during the forecast period of 2016-2021 and is estimated at USD 508.8 million in 2021. The market is mainly driven by factors such as increasing incidence of healthcare-associated infections (HAIs), government policies for preventing HAIs, rising healthcare expenditure, and increasing number of surgeries. However, factors such as high cost of software, reluctance among medical professionals to adopt advanced healthcare tools, and dearth of skilled IT professionals in the healthcare industry are expected to restrain the growth of the infection surveillance solutions market to a certain extent.
In this report, the global infection surveillance solutions market is segmented by product, end user, and region.
On the basis of products, the market is classified into software and services. The software segment is further segmented into on-premise and web-based software. The services included in this report are subdivided into product support & maintenance, training & consulting, and implementation services. By end user, the infection surveillance solutions market is segmented into hospitals and long-term care facilities. Hospitals are further sub-divided on the basis of bed size into large, medium-sized, and small hospitals. Long-term care facilities included in this report are nursing homes, skilled nursing facilities, and assisted living facilities.
Geographically, North America accounted for the largest share of the global infection surveillance solutions market in 2015, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and the RoW. Developed geographies like North America and Europe are likely to grow at a lower CAGR as compared to the Asia-Pacific market. The Asia-Pacific region is expected to record the highest market growth during the forecast period due to the rising incidences of HAIs, increased awareness and accessibility to advanced healthcare facilities, rising healthcare spending, and rapid improvements in the health insurance sector in this region.
In 2015, Becton, Dickinson and Company (U.S.), Premier Inc. (U.S.), Wolters Kluwer N.V. (Netherlands,), Baxter International Inc. (U.S.), and GOJO Industries, Inc. (U.S.) among others, were the leading players in the infection surveillance solutions market.
Reasons to Buy the Report
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn would help firms in garnering a greater market share. Firms purchasing the report could use any one or a combination of the below-mentioned five strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for reaping a greater market share.
This report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on product portfolios offered by the top players in the infection surveillance solutions market. The report analyzes the infection surveillance solutions market by product and end user across all regions
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on the upcoming trends, R&D activities, and new product launches in the infection surveillance solutions market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information of the lucrative emerging markets by product, end user, and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information of new products, growing regions, recent developments, and investments in the global infection surveillance solutions market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of growth strategies, products, distribution networks, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global infection surveillance solutions market.