Organic light emitting diodes (OLEDs) are self-illuminating flat panel displays where organic materials are stacked between conductors. OLEDs emit bright light on the application of electric current; and thus do not require a backlight. This means that OLEDs can be made thinner and more power-efficient than liquid crystal displays (LCDs). The OLED market has thus evolved over the past 10 years with developments in the electronics and semiconductor industries to address the need for lighter, thinner, and more energy-efficient displays.
The two most significant OLED applications are their use as displays and sub-displays, which form the foundation for a wide spectrum of purposes in industries including energy, consumer electronics, information technology, and industrial automation. Lighting also forms another OLED application segment with a high growth potential. OLEDs are also used as military displays due to their flexibility, and as micro displays for gaming visitors due to their lightweight nature and the highly lifelike display quality that they provide.
OLEDs are expected to form a mainstream market within the next five years by virtue of the growth trends of these application markets. This niche market is expected to develop further with R&D in the area of application-specific OLEDs.
Scope of the report
This research report presents an in-depth analysis of the markets for two major types of OLEDs: passive matrix OLEDs (PMOLEDs) and active matrix OLEDs (AMOLEDs). The report also sizes each submarket of these segments. The report tracks major OLED application markets – i.e. lighting and display panels and sub-displays – as well as the end-application markets, which cover the use of OLEDs in products such as mobile phones, MP3 players, televisions, and other electronic displays. Each market has been analyzed for the four main geographies of North America, Europe, Asia, and ROW.
On the basis of applications:
Displays, sub-displays (mobile phones, televisions, laptops, tablets, PCs) and lighting (backlighting and pure lighting) applications
On the basis of geography:
- North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Rest of the World
Each section will provide market data, market drivers, trends and opportunities, top-selling products, key players, and competitive outlook. This report also provides market tables for covering the sub-segments and micro-markets. In addition, the report provides more than 20 company profiles covering all the sub-segments.
What makes our reports unique?
- We provide 10% customization. It will ensure that you necessarily get the market intelligence you are looking for and we get a loyal customer.
- We conduct detailed market positioning, product positioning and competitive positioning. Entry strategies, gaps and opportunities are identified for all the stakeholders.
- Comprehensive market analysis for the following sectors:
Pharmaceuticals, medical devices, biotechnology, semiconductor and electronics, energy and power supplies, food and beverages, chemicals, advanced materials, industrial automation, and telecom and IT. We also analyze retailers and super-retailers, technology providers, and research and development (R&D) companies.
Key questions answered
- Which are the high-growth segments/cash cows and how is the market segmented in terms of applications and materials?
- What are market estimates and forecasts; which markets are doing well and which are not?
- Where are the gaps and opportunities; what is driving the market?
- Which are the key playing fields? Which are the winning edge imperatives?
- How is the competitive outlook; who are the main players in each of the segments; what are the key selling products; what are their strategic directives, operational strengths and product pipelines? Who is doing what?
Powerful Research and analysis
The analysts working with MarketsandMarkets come from renowned publishing and market research firms across the globe; adding their expertise and domain understanding. The facts are derived from over 22,000 news and information sources, a huge database of key industry players, and relationships with more than 900 market research companies across the world. At MarketsandMarkets, analysts are inspired to help the clients grow by providing qualitative business insights with their huge market intelligence repository.