Through selecting specific regions in China and giving detailed analysis of them, this report draws an overall picture of the industrial development and market factors of engineering plastics (EP) and its compounds in the country, trying to provide a guide and reference for decision-making on choosing a suitable location for establishing a factory or new production line in China.
EP & compounds are widely used in manufacturing of automobile and electronic & electrical products in China. Driven by the growth of these two downstream industries, development of EP & compounds has also becoming prosperous. Right now, both domestic and abroad companies have set foot in this market. Having established factories in different China regions, their industrial layout is quite complete already.
Supported by an ever increasing demand from downstream industries, China's EP & compounds market is maintaining its progress. It would be an opportunity for both existing manufacturers and new comers. Major manufacturers are planning to or have begun to enlarge their market share through capacity expansion. To better fit in this competition, there's a lot for market players to think about before simply deciding to launch an investment.
To help making such decisions, this report selects four regions in China's key economic zones as target regions for figuring out which place would be an optimized choice to launch production of EP & compounds and thus get a foothold in the China market as soon as possible. They are Guangdong Province, Zhejiang Province, Chongqing and Tianjin respectively representing the Pearly River Delta Economic Zone, the Changjiang River Delta Economic Zone, the Circum-Bohai Sea Economic Zone and the Southwest China Economic Zone. Based on the 3C (customer, cost and competitor) Model, this report demonstrates detailed comparison of these four regions in varied aspects that are concerned with investment.
Key points of this report are listed as follow.
- General economic status of the selected four economic zones
- Comparison of the selected four regions in terms of policy, cost, market potential (development of downstream products, chiefly auto and electronic & electrical products)
- Introduction to major manufacturers of EP & compounds in China, both domestic and multinational ones
- Trend of industrial transfer within China and from China to abroad and impact on the location selection
- Overview of major industrial zones in the ultimately selected region
- Guangdong (Economic center and plastic production center in the Pearl River Delta)
- Zhejiang (Important economic center and industrial production center in the Changjiang River Delta)
- Chongqing (Economic center and plastic production center in Southwest China)
- Tianjin (Plastic production center in Circum-bohai Sea Region)