The global superdisintegrants market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 7.8% during the forecast period from 2016 to 2021. The market is poised to reach USD 416.5 million by 2021 from USD 286.8 million in 2016. The market is primarily driven by growing generic drugs market, growing population of geriatric and paediatric patients, and emergence of new superdisintegrants for the pharmaceutical industry.
In this report, the superdisintegrants market is segmented on the basis of product type, application, therapeutic area, and geography. On the basis of product type, the market is primarily segmented into natural superdisintegrants, synthetic superdisintegrants, and others. The synthetic superdisintegrants market is further sub-segmented into modified starch, crospovidone, modified cellulose, ion exchange resins, and calcium silicates. The modified cellulose market on the other hand is sub-segmented into croscarmellose sodium and L-HPC. On the basis of application the market is segmented into tablets and capsules. The market by therapeutic area is segmented into gastrointestinal diseases, neurological diseases, oncology, infectious diseases, cardiovascular diseases, haematological diseases, and inflammatory diseases.
In 2015, the synthetic superdisintegrants market accounted for the largest share of the superdisintegrants market. The large share of this segment is majorly attributed to widespread use of excipients such as sodium starch glycol ate, and crospovidone in orally and fast disintegrating tablets. The crospovidone market is expected to grow at the highest CAGR during the forecast period, due to the rising preference of the excipient in formulations of solid oral dosage forms.
In 2015, North America accounted for the largest share of the global super disintegrates market, followed by Europe, Asia-Pacific, and Rest of the World. Asia-Pacific is expected to be the fastest-growing region during the forecast period, due to the increasing outsourcing of excipient manufacturing to Asian countries, such as India and China.
Some key players in this market include Ashland, Inc. (U.S.), BASF SE (Germany), FMC Corporation (U.S.), JRS Pharma (Germany), DFE Pharma (Germany), Roquette (France), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), Asahi Kasei Corporation (Japan), Nippon Soda Co., Ltd. (Japan), and Huber Corporation (U.S.).
Reasons to Buy the Report:
The report will enrich both established firms as well as new entrants/smaller firms, and allow them to gauge the pulse of the market, which in turn will help firms garner greater market shares. Firms purchasing the report could use one or a combination of the below-mentioned strategies (market penetration, product development/innovation, market development, market diversification, and competitive assessment) for increasing their market shares.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on the product portfolios offered by top players in the superdisintegrants market. The report analyzes the superdisintegrants market by product type, application, therapeutic area, and region
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming trends, research and development activities, and new product launches in the superdisintegrants market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets by product and region
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, growing geographies, recent developments, and investments in the superdisintegrants market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, growth strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of leading players in the superdisintegrants market