“Protection from increased threats at ports driving the airport and marine port security market”
The airport and marine port security market size is expected to grow from USD 53.84 billion in 2016 to USD 110.52 billion by 2025, at a Compound Annual Growth Rate (CAGR) of 8.3%. Major technologies contributing to the growth of airport and marine port security market are network access control and security, surveillance systems, and screening and scanning systems.
“Network access control and security expected to grow at the highest rate during the forecast period”
The network access control and security system is estimated to growth the highest rate during the forecast period. Due to the rise in terrorist attacks at ports the demand of access control systems is expected to increase in the next five years. One of the most widely recognized terrorist attack has occurred on September 11, 2001, in which 19 terroirst had took control of four airplanes and deliberately crashed on the World Trade Center towers in New York City.
“APAC is expected to hold the largest market share and dominate the airport and marine port security market during the forecast period”
The APAC region holds the largest share of the airport and marine port security market. The major driver for this region is the mounting level of network access control and security technology adopted at airports and marine ports. The Latin America market is the second biggest market after APAC. The region consists of major growing economies such as Brazil, Colombia and Mexico, which present great growth opportunities for the airport and marine port security market.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and sub-segments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted with key people. Break-up of profile of primary participants is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 55 %, Tier 2 – 20% and Tier 3 – 25%
- By Designation: C level – 60%, Director level – 25%, others – 15%
- By Region: North America – 10%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 40%, RoW – 30%
The various key airport and marine port security vendors profiled in the report are as follows:
- Flir Systems, Inc. (U.S.)
- Tyco International LTD (U.S.)
- Honeywell International, Inc. (U.S.)
- Saab AB (Sweden)
- Bosch Security Systems (Germany)
- Siemens AG (Germany)
- Unisys Corporation (U.S.)
- Raytheon (U.S.)
- HCL Info systems LTD (India)
- L-3 Communications holdings, Inc. (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the airport and marine port security market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the sub-segments across different regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help the stakeholders to better understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their positions in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, partnerships, and mergers and acquisitions.