“Growing demand for environment-friendly packaging to drive the market for corrugated boxes”
The global market for corrugated boxes is projected to grow from USD 63.29 billion in 2016 to reach USD 76.76 billion by 2021, at an estimated CAGR of 3.94%. The corrugated boxes market is driven by factors such as increasing urban population, demand for pharmaceutical supplies, and growth of the e-commerce industry. The market is further driven by factors such as increasing awareness among consumers about sustainable packaging and their pace of adopting such products is one of the biggest factors leading to increase in demand for corrugated boxes.
“Flexography printing accounted for the largest market share”
The flexography printing segment acoounted for the largest market share in the next five years. The flexography printing is a quick and economical printing technique for printing on corrugated boxes. It helps to print images on uneven and rough substrates like corrugated boxes. Digital printing accounted for the second-largest market in 2015.
“Slotted boxes accounted for the largest market share”
The slotted boxes segment accounted for the largest market share in 2015 in the corrugated boxes market. Slotted boxes are ideal for shipping a variety of products such as cups, mugs, and books among others. Slotted boxes are environmental friendly, as they generate minimal waste during its manufacturing process. This factor attracts the consumers, thus making slotted boxes the largest segment.
“Asia-Pacific region to gain maximum traction during the forecast period”
The Asia-Pacific region is projected to be the largest and the fastest-growing market during the forecast period, followed by Europe, from 2016 to 2021. In Asia-Pacific, China is the largest consumer for corrugated boxes, followed by Japan. China with rising food & beverage, andhome & personal cae goods will drive the corrugated boxes market. Japan with growing inclination toward convenient products will impact the corrugated boxes market in the Asia-Pacific region.
Breakdown of primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of corrugated boxes. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 43%, Tier 2 – 33%, Tier 3 – 24%
- By Designation: C level – 40%, Manager level – 35%, Others – 25%
- By Region: North America – 40%, Asia-Pacific – 25%, Europe – 20%, Rest of the World – 15%
The various suppliers of corrugated boxes and related products in the report are as follows:
- Mondi Group (South Africa)
- DS Smith Plc (U.K.)
- Smurfit Kappa Group (Ireland)
- Inernational Paper Company (U.S.)
- WestRockCompnay (U.S.)
- Rengo Co. Ltd. (Japan)
- Packaging Corporation of America (U.S.)
- KapStone Paper and Packaging Corporation (U.S.)
- Georgia Pacific LLC (U.S.)
- Cascades Inc. (Canada)
This report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the corrugated boxes market comprehensively and provides the closest approximation of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- This report will help stakeholders to understand the market and provide them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business.