SmarTech Publishing believes that the Oil and Gas Industry will be the next big adopter of additive manufacturing technologies as evidenced by the increasing use of AM in this industry for the past twelve months. In this new report we explore and identify the major opportunities for AM over the next decade, based on the dynamics on the specific dynamics of the global oil and gas market.
We believe that this report is the only comprehensive study that provides a complete understanding of the important advantages that AM can bring to firms in the Oil and Gas Industry. Among the reasons to purchase this report are the following. This report includes:
- Examples of what some firms are already achieving from deploying AM in the Oil and Gas Industry. The reader of this report will also gain a better understanding of how AM will make a transition to Oil and Gas Industry use and how the Industry will use AM especially for printed metal components and increasing opportunities for large print volumes
- Guidance on how AM firms can help message their products for the Oil and Gas industry and how to get the Industry behind AM
- Ten-year forecasts of the revenues that can be expected from this interesting sector. These projections cover all relevant technologies, materials, and estimations of printed part volumes
- A comprehensive analysis of the oil and gas industry and its current operating structure specifically as it relates to adoption of various AM technologies, software, and services. The report shows how challenges in the field are matched with potential opportunities for printed parts, models, and tooling
- Analysis based on SmarTech Publishing proprietary staged AM adoption model for the Oil and Gas industry, designed to gauge current and future use of AM
- Data that will provide improved understanding of what is truly capable with AM in the Oil and Gas Industry, as well as a detailed exploration of potential areas of application in order to jump-start internal research and development activities within the Industry.
This report details the most comprehensive collection of areas of exploration for AM in specific oil and gas equipment, systems, and sectors from upstream to midstream and beyond
GE is already printing a variety of metal components for use in its oil and gas operations, while oilfield services companies such as Halliburton are actively exploring the use cases for both rapid prototyping as well as field production of parts. Advocates of AM at these companies believe that AM has the potential to radically alter the cost structure of oil exploration and drilling operations.
Given the importance that these major players in the Oil and Gas Industry are placing on AM, SmarTech Publishing believes that it is time for marketing and business development executives at 3DP/AM hardware and materials firms to examine the new revenue streams that oil and gas applications could mean for their companies. This report will help them meet this objective.
The report is also meant to be read by professionals in Oil and Gas Industry to help them better understand the opportunities that AM can bring to the Industry. SmarTech Publishing also believes that this report will be invaluable reading to firms that actively involve in investment in either the Oil and Gas Industry, or AM or both.
Although currently behind the curve as compared to similar industries in terms of AM adoption, the potential for explosive growth of AM in the Oil and Gas Industry is now building rapidly thanks to the challenges that the Industry faces due to exploding costs, plunging energy prices, and long delays for project development.
And this report shows where the money will be made and lost as the Oil and Gas Industry rise to meet these challenges.