“Smart gas meter market to grow at a CAGR of 7.24% during the forecast period”
The smart gas meter market is expected to reach a size of USD 2.27 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 7.24% from 2016 to 2021. Factors such as government policies & mandates in developed economies and accurate billing & improved customer service are driving the market globally. Residential customers are the largest end-users of smart gas meters, followed by commercial and industrial customers.
“The AMR segment would dominate the global smart gas meter market by 2021”
The AMR segment is estimated to be the largest market for smart gas meters in 2016. Popular in North America and Europe, this metering infrastructure is increasingly being implemented in other regions as well; it was developed initially and is less expensive than AMI, and hence, has the largest market size. However, the AMI market is projected to grow at the highest rate because of its advanced technology. Moreover, AMI reduces labor cost, and several gas utilities worldwide are replacing AMR with AMI infrastructure, further creating growth opportunities for the AMI market.
“Europe: The fastest growing market for smart gas meters”
Europe is currently the fastest growing market for smart gas meters, followed by North America and Asia-Pacific. In Europe, several smart gas meter rollouts are taking place in countries such as the U.K., Spain, and France. This, coupled with the EU’s (European Union) plans regarding carbon emission reductions, would drive growth in the European region. The U.K. accounted for the majority share in Europe in 2015, and France is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, C-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants among other experts to obtain & verify critical qualitative and quantitate information as well as assess future market prospects. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1%–12%, Tier 2%–36%, and Tier 3%–52%
- By Designation: C-Level–20%, Director Level–5%, and Engineer Level–75%
- By Region:Asia-Pacific–60%, Europe–20%, the Americas–15%, and RoW–5%
Note: Row = Rest of the World
The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2015: Tier 1 =>USD 10 billion, Tier 2 = USD 1 billion to USD 10 billion, and Tier 3 =<USD 1 billion
The industry’s leading players have been profiled with their recent developments and other strategic activities. These include Apator Group (Poland),Itron Inc. (U.S.), Honeywell International, Inc. (U.S.), Sensus (U.S.), Landis+Gyr (Switzerland), and Diehl Metering (U.K.), among others.
Why buy this report?
- The report identifies and addresses key markets for smart gas meters, which is useful for suppliers and OEMs to review production and distribution plans.
- The report includes analysis of key countries by application of smart gas meters; for instance, its application in residents, commercial infrastructure, and industries. It analyzes historical trends and also forecast for 2021, assisting in strategic decision making.
- It presents competition by analyzing recent market developments such as key contracts, new product launches, expansions, and mergers & acquisitions from the key global market players. It helps understand the competition strategies and plan respective initiatives.