“Distribution boards market projected to grow at a CAGR of 6.4% from 2016 to 2021”
The distribution boards market is projected to reach USD 5.91 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 6.4% during the forecast period. The distribution board plays a crucial role in the power sector across various segments, including power generation, transmission & distribution, and equipment protection. The growing need to protect electrical networks and components, investments in renewable power plants, and increasing construction & infrastructural activities are expected to drive he global distribution boards market.
“Transmission & distribution utilities: The fastest-growing end-user segment”
Transmission & distribution utilities are estimated to constitute the fastest-growing end-user segment of the distribution boards market. This can be attributed to the increasing investments in transmission & distribution infrastructure in developed economies; North America and Europe are investing heavily in upgrading their existing transmission & distribution infrastructure. The manufacturing & processing Industry is the second fastest growing end-user segment for distribution boards, owing to increased activities in the construction and manufacturing, mining, oil & gas, automotive, and pharmaceuticals industries. Distribution boards are also used in renewable power plant, transportation (railway traction systems, ports, and airports), marine, and offshore applications.
Developed economies in regions such as North America and Europe are currently focusing on developing smart grid technology and upgrading their current power infrastructure to make their networks more reliable and efficient. This will likely boost the transmission & distribution utilities segment of the distribution boards market.
“Asia-Pacific: The fastest-growing market for distribution boards”
Asia-Pacific is estimated to be the largest market for distribution boards, followed by North America and Europe. China accounted for the largest share in the Asia-Pacific distribution boards market in 2015, and is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. This can be attributed to the rising number of smart grid initiatives, increasing investments in transmission & distribution infrastructural development, energy efficiency measures, increasing construction activities, and renewable projects in the country. Several countries in the Asia-Pacific region still do not have 100% access to electricity. Governments of countries such as India have taken various steps to increase the electrification rate, which would further drive the demand for distribution boards.
Breakdown of Primaries:
In-depth interviews have been conducted with various key industry participants, subject matter experts, corporate-level executives of key market players, and industry consultants, among other experts, to obtain and verify critical qualitative and quantitative information, as well as to assess future market prospects. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1- 45%, Tier2-30%, and Tier 3-25%
- By Designation: CorporateLevel-20%, Manager Level-25%, and Others*-55%
- By Region: North America-35%, Asia-Pacific-30%, Europe-25%, South America-5%, and the Middle East & Africa-5%
Note: *Others include sales managers, marketing managers, product managers, and design engineers. The tier of the companies has been defined on the basis of their segmental revenues; as of 2015: Tier 1 = > USD 1 billion, Tier 2 = USD 500 million to USD 1 billion, and Tier 3 = < USD 500 million
Leading players in this industry have been profiled, along with their recent developments and other strategic activities. These include ABB Ltd. (Switzerland), Siemens AG (Germany), General Electric (U.S.), Eaton Corporation Plc (Ireland), and Schneider Electric SE (France).
Why buy this report?
- The report identifies and addresses key markets for distribution boards, and is therefore useful for suppliers and OEMs for reviewing production and distribution plans
- The report includes an analysis of key countries, by voltage rating of distribution boards (low voltage and medium voltage). It analyzes historical trends and provides a forecast for 2021, which would assist in strategic decision-making
- It presents a competitive landscape of the distribution boards market by analyzing recent market developments such as contracts& agreements, expansions, mergers & acquisitions, and new product launches from key global market players. It helps to understand competitive strategies and plan respective initiatives.