“Increasing investments in film & sheet and injection molding industries are driving the demand of metallocene polyolefin”
The market size of metallocene polyolefin is projected to reach USD 14.05 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 10.15%. Currently, the use of metallocene polyolefin is increasing in film & sheet and injection molding industries at a very high pace around the globe. The key drivers for increasing demand of metallocene polyolefin are growing demand due to emerging end-use applications and continuous industrial expansions in the Asia-Pacific region.
“Injection molding: the fastest-growing application of metallocene polyolefin”
The injection molding application is estimated to register the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2021, in terms of both value and volume. The high growth is attributed to the growing demand for packaging and increased investments in food & non-food packaging industries, resulting in high growth rate for metallocene products. In 2015, the film & sheet application accounted for the largest market share, in terms of value and volume, followed by injection molding, and other applications.
“Rising demand from Asia-Pacific: a major driver of the metallocene polyolefin market“
In 2015, Asia-Pacific was the largest metallocene polyolefin market, in terms of value. It is estimated to retain the market leadership during the forecasted period. China and India are the two major markets for metallocene polyolefins in Asia-Pacific. The Chinese film & sheet industry has the largest share in Asia-Pacific, resulting in a high demand for mPO market. Also, a high growth in the injection molding industry is likely to drive the demand for metallocene polyolefins in both China and India.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews were conducted.
The break-up of primary interviews is given below:
- By Company Type - Tier 1 - 33%, Tier 2 – 60%, and Others - 7%
- By Designation - C level - 56%, Director level - 33%, and Others - 11%
- By Region - North America - 27%, Europe - 46%, Asia-Pacific - 20%, and RoW – 7%
*RoW includes Latin America, the Middle East, and Africa
The key companies profiled in this market research report are ExxonMobil Corporation (U.S.), The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.), LyondellBasel Industries Holdings B.V. (Netherlands), Chevron Phillips Chemical Company LLC (U.S.), Total SA (France), SABIC (Saudi Arabia), Japan Polychem Corporation Ltd., Braskem AG (Brazil), LG Chem Ltd. (South Korea), and others.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the metallocene polyolefin market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across different verticals and regions.
- It helps the stakeholders understand the pulse of the market and provides them with information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- It will help stakeholders understand the competitors and gain more insights to improve their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes new product developments, expansions, agreements, joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions.