The Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech report provides comprehensive understanding and unprecedented access to the discovery stage partnering deals and agreements entered into by the worlds leading healthcare companies.
The report provides a detailed understanding and analysis of how and why companies enter discovery stage partnering deals. The majority of deals are where the licensee obtains a right or an option right to license the licensors product or compound. These deals tend to be multicomponent, starting with collaborative R&D, and commercialization of outcomes.
Understanding the flexibility of a prospective partner's negotiated deals terms provides critical insight into the negotiation process in terms of what you can expect to achieve during the negotiation of terms. Whilst many smaller companies will be seeking details of the payments clauses, the devil is in the detail in terms of how payments are triggered - contract documents provide this insight where press releases do not.
This report contains over 2,500 links to online copies of actual discovery stage deals and contract documents as submitted to the Securities Exchange Commission by companies and their partners. Contract documents provide the answers to numerous questions about a prospective partner's flexibility on a wide range of important issues, many of which will have a significant impact on each party's ability to derive value from the deal.
The initial chapters of this report provide an orientation of discovery stage deal making and business activities.
Chapter 1 provides an introduction to the report, whilst
Chapter 2 provides an overview of why companies partner discovery stage compounds/products.
Chapter 3 provides an overview of discovery stage deals strategy and deal structure including numerous case studies.
Chapter 4 provides an overview of the various payment strategies used in discovery stage deals.
Chapter 5 provides a review of discovery stage deal making since 2007. Deals are listed by headline value, signed by bigpharma, most active bigpharma, and most active of all biopharma companies. Where the deal has an agreement contract published at the SEC a link provides online access to the contract.
Chapter 6 provides a detailed analysis of discovery stage payment terms including average headline, upfront, milestone and royalty rates for discovery deals.
Chapter 7 provides a review of the leading discovery stage deal by headline value.
Chapter 8 provides a comprehensive listing of the top 50 big pharma and big biotech companies with a brief summary followed by a comprehensive listing of discovery stage deals, as well as contract documents available in the public domain. Where available, each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the actual contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 9 provides a comprehensive and detailed review of discovery stage partnering deals signed and announced since 2007, where a contract document is available in the public domain. The chapter is organized by company A-Z, stage of development at signing, deal type (collaborative R&D, co-promotion, licensing etc), and specific therapy focus. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
Chapter 10 provides a comprehensive directory of discovery stage partnering deals since 2007 organized by stage of development.
The report also includes numerous tables and figures that illustrate the trends and activities in discovery stage partnering and deal making since 2007.
In addition, a comprehensive appendix is provided organized by partnering company A-Z, deal type, therapy focus and technology type. Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
In conclusion, this report provides everything a prospective dealmaker needs to know about partnering in the research, development and commercialization of discovery stage products and compounds.
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech provides the reader with the following key benefits:
- In-depth understanding of discovery stage deal trends since 2007
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Analysis of the structure of discovery stage agreements with numerous real life case studies
- Detailed access to actual discovery stage deals entered into by the leading fifty big pharma and big biotech companies
- Insight into the terms included in a discovery stage agreement, together with real world clause examples
- Understand the key deal terms companies have agreed in previous deals
- Undertake due diligence to assess suitability of your proposed deal terms for partner companies
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements Terms and Agreements in Pharm and Biotech is intended to provide the reader with an in-depth understanding and access to discovery stage deal trends and structure of deals entered into by leading companies worldwide.
Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and Biotech includes:
- Trends in discovery stage dealmaking in the biopharma industry since 2007
- Analysis of discovery stage deal structure
- Access to headline, upfront, milestone and royalty data
- Case studies of real-life discovery stage deals
- Access to over 2,500 discovery stage deals
- The leading discovery stage deals by value since 2007
- Most active discovery stage dealmakers since 2007
- The leading discovery stage partnering resources
In Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharm and Biotech, the available contracts are listed by:
- Company A-Z
- Headline value
- Stage of development at signing
- Deal type
- Specific therapy target
Each deal title links via Weblink to an online version of the deal record and where available, the contract document, providing easy access to each contract document on demand.
The Discovery Stage Partnering Terms and Agreements in Pharma and biotech report provides comprehensive access to available deals and contract documents for over 2,500 discovery stage deals. Analyzing actual contract agreements allows assessment of the following:
- What are the precise rights granted or optioned?
- What is actually granted by the agreement to the partner company?
- What exclusivity is granted?
- What is the payment structure for the deal?
- How aresalesand payments audited?
- What is the deal term?
- How are the key terms of the agreement defined?
- How are IPRs handled and owned?
- Who is responsible for commercialization?
- Who is responsible for development, supply, and manufacture?
- How is confidentiality and publication managed?
- How are disputes to be resolved?
- Under what conditions can the deal be terminated?
- What happens when there is a change of ownership?
- What sublicensing and subcontracting provisions have been agreed?
- Which boilerplate clauses does the company insist upon?
- Which boilerplate clauses appear to differ from partner to partner or deal type to deal type?
- Which jurisdiction does the company insist upon for agreement law?