“Molluscicides market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1%”
The molluscicides market, estimated at USD 548.0 million in 2015, is projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.1%, to reach USD 695.8 million by 2021. The market is driven by factors such as increasing cultivation of horticulture crops, sudden influx of snails in new regions, and newly developed rain-fast characteristics of molluscicide products. The high growth potential in the Asia-Pacific region and untapped regions provides new growth opportunities for market players.
“Metaldehyde molluscicides led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of type, the molluscicides market is led by the metaldehyde segment, followed by methiocarb and ferrous phosphate. Metaldehyde has been widely used since the inception of molluscicides, globally. It has recorded the highest snail control effectiveness among other ingredient types. Metaldehyde is most widely available in the pellet form in the North American and Asia-Pacific regions.
“China: The future of the molluscicides market”
There are a large number of manufacturers and suppliers of metaldehyde and methiocarb active ingredient molluscicides in China that offer products at very competitive prices. Even though the demand for molluscicides in the domestic or neighboring markets is limited, Chinese manufacturers are increasingly exploring higher profitability and trade opportunities in western countries, especially in the European region. China is likely to increase its market share in the next five years by competing with the U.S. and European countries by offering low-cost molluscicidal solutions with wide applicability.
The U.S. is expected to be the fastest growing country-level market and accounted for the largest share in 2015.
Break-up of primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 28%, Director level – 22%, others – 50%
- By Region: North America - 40%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, RoW – 10%
Leading playersprofiled in this report:
- Lonza Group AG (Switzerland)
- Bayer CropScience AG (Germany)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd (Israel)
- Marrone Bio Innovations Inc.(U.S.)
- American Vanguard Corporation (U.S.)
- De Sangosse(France)
- W. Neudorff GmbH KG (Germany)
- Doff Portland Ltd (U.K.)
- Certis Europe B.V (The Netherlands)
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the molluscicides market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on molluscicides offered by the top players in the global molluscicides market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the molluscicides market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for molluscicides across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped regions, recent developments, and investments in the global molluscicides market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market shares, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global molluscicides market