“Crop-protection chemicals will remain the prime focus for investments in the agrochemicals market”
Among various segments, crop protection chemicals held a major deal share during the period March 2000 to March 2016. This segment held the maximum market share in the year 2013, witnessing a large number of deals. Rising costs of R&D, new product development, crop-protection formulations, and allied products have overall attracted mergers & acquisitions in this segment. Mergers & acquisitions in the crop-protection chemicals have enabled large-scale agrochemical manufacturers to improve their product lines and expand their market share, globally.
“Herbicides: The most attractive segment in the agrochemicals market for mergers & acquisitions”
Among various agrochemicals, herbicides remain the prime focus for investments by agrochemical companies. This segment covers a variety of crop and non-crop applications. Herbicides are widely used in field crops. The major field crops are cereals, corn, soybean, rice, rapeseed, sugarbeet, cotton, sugarcane, and sunflower. The other crops that use herbicides are fruits and vegetables.
“Acquisitions will be the major deal type to be used by the agrochemical companies in the coming
Among various deal types witnessed during the period March 2000 to March 2016, the maximum number of deals was acquisitions in the agrochemicals market. Acquisitions are one of the important deal types that have enabled business growth for major agrochemical companies. These deals have helped agrochemical companies to improve and diversify their product portfolio at reduced cost, and also improve their competitive advantages.
“North-America & Europe: to attract more mergers & acquisitions in the agrochemicals market”
Maximum deals (by target) are witnessed by companies headquartered in the North American region and Europe, as in these regions the agrochemical markets is well developed and has a large number of companies offering various products.
Break-up of Primaries:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 50%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 20%
- By Designation: C level – 28%, Director level – 22%, Others – 50%
- By Region: North America – 40%, Europe – 20%, Asia-Pacific – 30%, RoW – 10%
Leading players profiled in this report are Syngenta AG (Switzerland), Bayer Crop Science (Germany), BASF (Germany), Dow Chemicals (U.S.), Monsanto (U.S.), and DuPont (U.S). Other players include United Phosphorus Limited (UPL) (India), China National Chemical Corp (China), ADAMA Agricultural Solutions (Israel), Nufarm Limited (Australia), and Sumitomo Chemical (Japan).
Reasons to buy this report:
- To get a comprehensive overview of the mergers & acquisitions in the agrochemicals market
- To gain wide ranging information about the top players in this industry, their key product segments, and key strategies adopted by them to increase their market share
- To gain insights about the major countries/regions in which the number of mergers & acquisitions in the agrochemicals market is increasing.