Increasing demand for energy-efficient battery-powered devices expected to drive the power management IC (PMIC) market
The power management IC (PMIC) market is estimated to reach USD 34.86 billion by 2022, at a CAGR of 8.08% from 2016 to 2022. This growth can be attributed to the factors such as increasing demand for energy-efficient devices, technological advancements in the PMICs, and the growing trend of energy harvesting technologies that leverage the PMIC features. The increasing applications of PMICs in various sectors such as consumer electronics, wearable electronics, automotive, healthcare, industrial & retail, and building control are also driving the growth of the PMIC market.
Consumer electronics applications to gain traction during the forecast period
The consumer electronics sector is expected to account for the largest share of the overall power management IC (PMIC) market duing the forecast period. In addition, due to the increase in demand for PMICs for battery-powered devices used in the healthcare, wearable electronics, and healthcare sectors, the PMIC market is expected to gain traction in the next five to six years. The PMIC market for the building control and industrial & retail sectors is also expected to witness a significant growth during the forecast period.
APAC expected to be the fastest-growing market for PMICs during the forecast period
The power management IC (PMIC) market in APAC is expected to grow at the highest CAGR between 2016 and 2022. Factors such as the rapid adoption of PMICs in the consumer electronics, automotive, and industrial & retail sectors and increase in the usage of linear regulators, switching regulators, battery management ICs, LED driver ICs, and hot-swap controllers in this region are contributing to the growth of the power management IC (PMIC) market in APAC.
In the process of determining and verifying the market size for several segments and subsegments gathered through secondary research, extensive primary interviews have been conducted with key people in the market. The break-up of profiles of primary participants is given below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 45%, Tier 2–35% and Tier 3–20%
- By Designation: C-Level – 50%, Director Level – 35%, Others – 15%
- By Region: North America – 45%, Europe – 20%, APAC – 30%, RoW – 5%
Some of the key players in the power management IC (PMIC) market profiled in this report are:
- Texas Instruments Inc. (U.S.)
- ON Semiconductor Corp. (U.S.)
- Analog Devices, Inc. (U.S.)
- Fairchild Semiconductor Corp. (U.S.)
- Dialog Semiconductor PLC (U.K.)
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (U.S.)
- STMicroelectronics N.V. (Switzerland)
- NXP Semiconductors (Netherlands)
- Renesas Electronics Corporation (Japan)
- Linear Technology Corporation (U.S.)
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the power management IC (PMIC) market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the size (in terms of value) for the overall market and subsegments across different applications and regions.
- The report would help stakeholders to understand the pulse of the market and provide them with the information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report would help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights to enhance their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product develpoments, collaborations, and mergers & acquisitions.