“Agricultural fumigants market projected to grow at a CAGR of 4.6%”
The agricultural fumigants market is projected to reach USD 1.74 billion by 2021 at a CAGR of 4.6% from 2016 to 2021. The market is driven by factors such as global economic growth, rising agricultural production, better storage technology, and modern agricultural practices. The high growth potential in emerging markets and untapped regions provides new opportunities for market players.
“Phosphine agricultural fumigant type is the fastest growing market from 2016 to 2021”
The phosphine agricultural fumigant type is projected to grow with the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. Phosphine is mostly used to treat grain stored in various structures, as it is one of the most effective ways to kill internal insects or insects deep within the grain mass. Phosphine fumigants are mostly used in the North American and European regions as it is found to be the most effective alternative of methyl bromide, which has led the market to grow at the highest rate.
“Liquid form led the market with the largest share in 2015”
On the basis of form, the agricultural fumigants market is led by the liquid fumigants followed by the gaseous form. The gaseous form is projected to grow at the highest CAGR from 2016 to 2021. The importance of gaseous form is increasing as it is the most effective manner to reach insects in stored grains and on crops or soil in their most remote places. Liquid fumigants, such as methyl bromide, chloropicrin, metam sodium, and others (including rest of the fumigants in that particular form), are used mostly in many regions due to its safe application and usage for bulk grains and agricultural commodities.
The breakdown of the primaries on the basis of company, designation, and region, conducted during the research study, is as mentioned below.
- By Company Type: Tier 1 – 15%, Tier 2 – 30%, and Tier 3 – 55%
- By Designation: Director level – 55%, C Level – 35%, and Others – 10%
- By Region: North America – 12%, Europe – 25%, Asia-Pacific – 45%, and RoW – 18%
Major players include:
- ADAMA Agricultural Solution Ltd. (Israel)
- BASF SE (Germany)
- E.I. DuPont De Nemrous & Company (U.S.)
- Syngenta AG (Switzerland)
- FMC Corporation (U.S.)
The above-mentioned companies have collectively accounted for the largest portion of the agricultural fumigants market in 2015. Other players also have a strong presence in this market. These include:
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Reddick fumigants (U.S.)
- UPL group (India)
- Degesch America Inc. (U.S.)
- Ikeda Kogyo Co. Ltd. (Japan)
Reasons to buy this report:
From an insight perspective, this research report has focused on various levels of analyses—industry analysis (industry trends), market share analysis of top players, supply chain analysis, and company profiles, which together comprise and discuss the basic views on the competitive landscape; emerging and high-growth segments of the global agricultural fumigants market; high-growth regions; and market drivers, restraints, and opportunities.
The report provides insights on the following pointers:
- Market Penetration: Comprehensive information on agricultural fumigants offered by the top players in the global market
- Product Development/Innovation: Detailed insights on upcoming technologies, research & development activities, and new product launches in the agricultural fumigants market
- Market Development: Comprehensive information about lucrative emerging markets—the report analyzes the markets for agricultural fumigants across regions
- Market Diversification: Exhaustive information about new products, untapped geographies, recent developments, and investments in the global agricultural fumigants market
- Competitive Assessment: In-depth assessment of market share, strategies, products, and manufacturing capabilities of the leading players in the global agricultural fumigants market