“Increasing demand from the food & beverages industry to drive the antimicrobial packaging market”
The antimicrobial packaging market size is estimated to grow from USD 7.28 billion in 2015 to USD 10.00 billion by 2021, at a CAGR of 5.54%. The antimicrobial packaging market is driven by factors such as rising concerns toward food wastage and growing consumer awareness about health-related issues.
“Controlled release packaging technology to gain maximum growth during the forecast period”
The controlled release packaging technology segment is projected to be the fastest-growing technology in the next five years. Controlled release packaging utilizes packaging as a delivery vehicle to efficiently bring the actives in specifically controlled rates over prolonged periods to the product to further improve its quality and safety. It regulates the concentration of the antimicrobial agents in products such as pharmaceutical and food at a particular targeted level, which is effective in deteriorating microbial growth kinetics and making it safe for consumption. This drives the demand for controlled release packaging.
“Asia-Pacific region set to witness healthy growth during the forecast period”
The Asia-Pacific market is projected to be the fastest growing market during the forecast period. It is also projected to have the largest market share due to increasing commercialization and increased demand for packaged goods in the region. The markets of China and India are projected to be lucrative due to their rising middle class population and rising consumer spending on products such as packed food products. The health-related benefits offered by antimicrobial package ingto various industries are also seen as a driving force of growth in this region.
Breakdown of Primaries
Primary interviews were conducted with a number of industry experts in order to collect data related to different aspects of the antimicrobial packaging market. Estimates reached after analyzing secondary sources were validated through these interviews. Primary sources included professionals such as packaging manufacturers, distributors, consultants, and academic professionals. The distribution of primary interviews is as follows:
- By Company Type: Tier 1 –40%,Tier2 –30%,Tier 3 –30%
- By Designation: C-level –40%,Director level –25%,Others* –35%
- By Region: North America –35%,South & Central America –5%,Europe –15%,Asia-Pacific –20%,Middle East and Africa –25%
*Others include sales managers, marketing managers, and product managers.
Note: The tier of the companies is defined on the basis of their total revenue, as of 2013.
Tier 1: Revenue >USD 10 billion; Tier 2: USD 1 billion > Revenue >USD 10 billion; Tier 3:Revenue <USD 1 billion
The various key antimicrobial packaging providers profiled in the report are as follows:
- BASF SE (Germany)
- The Dow Chemical Company (U.S.)
- Mondi Plc (South Africa)
- PolyOne Corporation (U.S.)
- Biocote Limited (U.K.)
- Dunmore Corporation (U.S.)
- Linpac Senior Holdings (U.K.)
- Microban International (U.S.)
- Oplon Pure Sciences Ltd. (Israel)
- TakexLabo Co. Ltd.
The report will help the market leaders/new entrants in this market in the following ways:
- This report segments the antimicrobial packaging market comprehensively and provides the closest approximations of the revenue numbers for the overall market and the subsegments across the different verticals and regions.
- The report helps stakeholders to understand the market and provides them information on key market drivers, restraints, challenges, and opportunities.
- This report will help stakeholders to better understand their competitors and gain more insights into their position in the business. The competitive landscape section includes competitor ecosystem, new product developments, agreements, partnerships and joint ventures, and mergers & acquisitions.